With your Wells Fargo Debit Card, you can access money from the primary linked checking account by using it to make purchases or ATM cash withdrawals.
Types of Debit Cards
- Platinum Debit Card. Customers with an eligible Wells Fargo Checking account can make everyday purchases using their Platinum debit card worldwide at participating retailers and service providers – including online or by phone. Pay with confidence knowing your Wells Fargo Debit Card comes with many protection features and is a safer way to pay.
- Instant Issue Debit Card. Whether you’ve just opened an account or your debit card has been lost or stolen, a Wells Fargo Instant Issue Debit Card provides instant access to your account until you receive your permanent card in the mail. Your instant issue debit card is valid for 30 days or upon activation of your permanent card, whichever comes first. Learn more
- Campus Card. A Wells Fargo Campus Card is an official campus identification card and a debit card all in one. With a Campus Card, you can carry just one card to access campus facilities, show student ID, get cash at ATMs, and make purchases.
Card Design Studio® Service
Design your debit card with the Card Design Studio service. Showcase what's truly important to you — from snapshots of family and pets to photos of a favorite hobby — right on your card.
- ATM Card. An ATM card provides access to cash at ATMs and for purchases using a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Wells Fargo EasyPay® Card. A reloadable prepaid card that helps you manage your money. It’s a great way to control your budget and there are no overdraft fees.
Get built-in protection features with the Wells Fargo Debit Card.
Zero Liability protection
Your Wells Fargo Debit Card comes with Zero Liability protection at no extra cost:
- You won't be liable for promptly reported unauthorized purchases or ATM transactions.
- 24/7 monitoring: we help prevent unauthorized transactions by regularly reviewing your accounts for unusual activity.
- Expert help is just a phone call away if your financial information is compromised or stolen. We'll provide the information and assistance to help you get your account back on track.
- Get access to all transactions and balances to stay informed of all account activity. Your account information will not be shared with non-affiliated third-party marketers without your consent.
Wells Fargo Debit Cards are now available with a chip on the front of the card as well as the traditional magnetic stripe on the back. The chip provides added security because it is extremely difficult to counterfeit or copy when used at a chip-enabled terminal or ATM, and does not store any personal information. Many countries worldwide have adopted chip technology, and it will become the standard for card payments in the U.S. If a merchant or ATM has not yet adopted chip technology, your transaction will be processed using the magnetic stripe on the back as it is today. View the FAQs or take a tour.
When you sign up for ATM/debit card alerts, it’s easy to stay informed about activity on your Wells Fargo card. You can set up alerts for any of the following types of activity that may occur:
- Tell me when a single purchase made with my card exceeds my preset amount
- Tell me when a purchase made over the internet, by phone or mail order with my card exceeds my preset amount
- Tell me when a purchase made outside the United States with my card exceeds my preset amount
- Tell me when an ATM withdrawal made with my card exceeds my preset amount
- Tell me when an ATM withdrawal made outside the United States with my card exceeds my preset amount
- Tell me when my card is declined
Suspicious Card Activity
- Tell me when unusual or suspicious activity is detected on my card
ATM/debit card alerts are free.
Learn more about alerts
Visa Checkout® by Visa
Simplify online checkout with Visa Checkout, it’s Easy, Secure and Fast by registering your Wells Fargo Visa® Debit Card in Visa Checkout for no additional cost.
Avoid all the checkout hassles when shopping online. Visa Checkout by Visa is a digital payment service that makes online checkout as fun and easy as online shopping. You can use Visa Checkout anywhere — on the go with your tablet or smartphone, or at home with your computer.
Use your debit card to make everyday purchases and pay bills worldwide at participating retailers and service providers – including online or by phone.
Free online account management
Get a clear online picture of all your spending at a glance with My Money Map. My Money Map lets you view your spending, budgeting, and savings in easy-to-understand charts — with just one click. The tools in My Money Map can help you establish short- and long-term goals and budgets. And your information is automatically updated, so you can monitor your progress and adjust, if necessary.
My Money Map includes:
- Budget Watch, to help you track your monthly expenses
- My Savings Plan, to help you identify — and reach — your savings goals
- A resource library full of helpful financial guides and tips
Pay your bills the fast, easy way
Use your Wells Fargo Debit Card to pay bills such as utilities, internet and phone service, club memberships, and more. It’s quicker than writing checks and mailing payments, and you’ll have more control over your bill payments – even up to the last minute. Just contact your service providers to set it up. To learn more about how it works, take a tour.
Wells Fargo offers additional services to help you complete your ATM and debit card transactions. Learn more.
Use your Wells Fargo Debit Card overseas
Your Wells Fargo Debit Card is one of the many convenient ways to make purchases and get cash when you're traveling overseas. Add it to your mix of cash and credit cards for the ultimate in spending flexibility. Your debit card is:
- Ideal for everyday purchases and cash withdrawals
- The smart way to stay on a budget while traveling
Before you travel internationally or domestically (even within your home state), please let us know when and where you’re traveling, as well as the cards you’ll be taking with you. Add your travel plan online or using your mobile device, or call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS. (1-800-869-3557).
Make purchases and withdraw cash while traveling overseas
You can use your debit card around the world for purchases and getting cash from ATMs, just like you would at home:
- Get local currency internationally at more than 1.5 million Visa® and participating ATM networks. Visit the Visa global ATM network locator to view a list of ATMs that accept your card worldwide.
- Use your card to make everyday purchases and pay bills worldwide at participating retailers and service providers – including online or by phone.
- Shop confidently with Zero Liability protection at no additional cost. You won't be held liable for promptly reported unauthorized purchases or ATM transactions.
- Use your chip debit card internationally, where chip technology is already in place. The chip provides added security because it is extremely difficult to counterfeit or copy when used at a chip-enabled terminal or ATM, and does not store any personal information. View the FAQs or take a tour.
- Wells Fargo charges an International Purchase Transaction fee, which is 3% of the transaction amount for each purchase made with your debit card in a foreign currency that has been converted into a U.S. dollar amount by a network.
- A $5 fee is assessed for ATM cash withdrawals made outside the U.S.
Get the help you need, before and during your travels
If you're planning to travel overseas, call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) for assistance prior to traveling.
- If your Wells Fargo Debit Card does not already have a chip, call 1-800-869-3557 and request a replacement Wells Fargo Debit Card with a chip. You will experience greater card acceptance in more than 130 countries including the United Kingdom, Canada, and Mexico where chip technology is already in place.
- For assistance while traveling, you can call Wells Fargo toll-free from foreign countries.
Also take advantage of these helpful resources:
If you’re planning to travel abroad, read our quick tips for using your card outside of the U.S.