Your real estate portfolio is an often overlooked, and undervalued, part of your investment plan. To make the most of your nonfinancial assets, Wells Fargo Real Estate Asset Management analyzes the bigger picture — the impact of your real estate holdings on your overall financial portfolio. Our team approaches your real estate assets in the same way your financial advisor approaches your financial assets.
Assisting you in managing real estate assets is one of our core competencies — whether you hold residential, commercial, or agricultural properties, such as a farm, ranch, or vineyard. The specialists at Wells Fargo Private Bank manage real estate across the United States. Our goal is to optimize your portfolio’s potential while addressing the risks and challenges of real estate ownership.
Managing real estate assets
You may find that managing your real estate assets is complex and occupies much of your time. To effectively manage your portfolio, you’ll want to manage the real estate as an asset, as well as managing the actual property. The real estate management professionals at The Private Bank take both perspectives into account when advising you.
- Asset management involves the financial aspects of ownership. We evaluate your property in terms of growth and the income it may provide.
- Property management refers to the resources typically needed to handle day-to-day operations.
Working with you, we assess the performance of each individual property as well as your overall portfolio to develop a wealth plan. After a thorough analysis — and depending on your needs — we may:
- Recommend the sale, exchange, or repositioning of your real estate assets, and advise on capital improvements
- Assess your current debt and recognize opportunities for using credit to your advantage
- Manage risk in your portfolio with a review of insurance options
- Manage and supervise property managers and leasing agents
- Prepare cash flow estimates
- Collaborate with your legal, accounting, and tax professionals
It's important to streamline the operations of your real estate holdings, but you don’t have to do it alone. As we work with you, we may:
- Manage day-to-day communications with tenants
- Process accounts payables and receivables
- Supervise vendors performing maintenance and repairs
- Perform periodic inspections