What makes the Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service right for me?
The Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service is a remittance (money transfer) service that offers you more options to send money home to your family or friends in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Philippines, India, Vietnam, and China. (Mexico, Asia, Central America and the Caribbean, South America) — it’s economical, convenient, and dependable.
You can choose either to send money from an eligible Wells Fargo checking or savings account or to send cash. You can also choose how your beneficiary receives the money — either for cash pick-up or into their account at the receiving bank.
There are four simple solutions for sending money home:
- Transfer money from your eligible Wells Fargo checking or savings account to your beneficiary for cash pick-up.
- Transfer money from your eligible Wells Fargo checking or savings account to your beneficiary’s account.
- Send cash to your beneficiary for cash pick-up — this option is only available at selected Wells Fargo store locations.
- Send cash to your beneficiary’s account — this option is only available at selected Wells Fargo store locations.
All the options may not be available at all Remittance Network Members or locations. Please refer to country-specific pages for more information.
To be able to use the Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service, you will need to enroll in a Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service Agreement.
What is a Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service Agreement?
A Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service Agreement is a feature that you can add to your eligible Wells Fargo consumer checking or savings account to transfer money to your beneficiary (an account-based service agreement), or you can establish the agreement as a stand-alone service to send cash to your beneficiary (a cash-based service agreement).
Agreement types are:
- Account-to-Account. A remitter sends money from their eligible Wells Fargo consumer checking or savings account to the beneficiary’s checking or savings account at a Remittance Network Member (RNM) location in Latin America or Asia.
- Account-to-Cash. A remitter sends money from their eligible Wells Fargo consumer checking or savings account to a RNM location in Latin America or Asia where the beneficiary picks up cash.
- Cash-to-Account. A remitter sends cash from a Wells Fargo store to the beneficiary’s checking or savings account at a RNM location in Latin America or Asia.
- Cash-to-Cash. A remitter sends cash from a Wells Fargo store to a RNM location in Latin America or Asia where the beneficiary picks up cash.
How do I enroll in the Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service?
It’s easy to get started.
1. Talk to your Wells Fargo banker today about the options available, and select the one you like best — that fits you and your beneficiary’s needs.
2. Provide us with the necessary beneficiary information once; no additional forms are needed when you want to send money to the same beneficiary again.
- Tell us who should receive the money (beneficiary), including the beneficiary’s full name, exactly as it appears on the RNM deposit account record or the government-issued ID, and the beneficiary’s full physical address in the country to which funds are being sent.
- Tell us how you want to send the money (from account or from cash). Note: The “from cash” option is only available in selected Wells Fargo store locations.
- Finally, tell us how you want your beneficiary to receive the money (cash pick-up or to your beneficiary’s account). If to your beneficiary’s account, you will need to provide your beneficiary’s qualifying deposit account number at the beneficiary’s bank.
3. We’ll establish the transfer details to ensure your money is sent quickly and safely. The first remittance transfer for each ExpressSend Service Agreement must be completed in person at a Wells Fargo store.
- If you choose an option to allow your beneficiary to pick up cash, you can send your money immediately.
- If you choose an option to send money to your beneficiary’s bank account, we will complete a one time set–up of the transfer details.
Note: Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. is a member of the FDIC. Transferred funds are not FDIC–insured.
Will my beneficiary need to go to a particular pay-out location to retrieve the money?
Yes, Wells Fargo works with a group of Remittance Networks Members (RNM) in select countries that Wells Fargo has established Remittance Agreement relationships with.
They are listed below:
- Mexico – Bancomer, Banorte, Banco Santander, Bansefi*, Scotiabank*, Grupo FAMSA, SORIANA, Telecomm Telégrafos*
- Guatemala – Bannural, Banco Industrial, G & T Continental
- El Salvador – Banco Agrícola, Banco Davivienda Salvadoreño*, Sistema Fedecrédito*
- Honduras – Banco Ficohsa, Banco Atlántida, BAC|Honduras*
- Nicaragua – Banpro*, Banco LAFISE BANCENTRO
- Dominican Republic – Banco BHD*, Banco del Progreso*, Banreservas*
- Colombia – BBVA Colombia*, Bancolombia, Banco Davivienda*
- Ecuador – Banco de Guayaquil, Banco del Austro, PRODUBANCO*
- Peru – BBVA Banco Continental*, Banco de Crédito del Perú, Interbank
- Philippines – Bank of the Philippine Islands, BDO Unibank, Metrobank, M. Lhuillier*, Cebuana Lhuillier*
- India – ICICI Bank†, HDFC Bank†
- Vietnam – Vietinbank, Vietcombank
- China – Agricultural Bank of China†
* To cash only
† To account only
In what currency will my beneficiary be able to collect the money?
Transfers to Colombia, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Guatemala, India, Mexico, and Philippines are made in the currency of the receiving country. Transfers to China, Ecuador, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Peru, and Vietnam are made in U.S. Dollars.
If you choose to send money to your beneficiary’s bank account in one of the countries where remittances are denominated in the foreign currency, your beneficiary’s bank account must be denominated in the currency of the receiving country. If you chose to send money to your beneficiary’s bank account in one of the countries where remittances are denominated in U.S. Dollars, your beneficiary’s bank account must be denominated in U.S. Dollars. Funds transferred to the foreign Remittance Network Member are not FDIC-insured.
Wells Fargo offers competitive exchange rates, so get more of your money to your beneficiary with the Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service. Estimate how much it will cost to send money to your family and friends around the world with the ExpressSend Remittance Cost Estimator.
Note: Transfers to Colombia, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Guatemala, India, Mexico, and Philippines are subject to the exchange rate in effect at the time of the transaction.
Can I have more than one beneficiary?
Yes, but you may only have one beneficiary per Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service Agreement, regardless of the agreement type (account-based agreement or cash-based agreement). For each additional beneficiary you will need to open a separate Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service Agreement. You may not name the same beneficiary on more than one Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service Agreement.
There is a limit of six Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service Agreements per customer — four from your Wells Fargo consumer checking or savings account (account-based service agreements) and two cash-based agreements. For remittances to Colombia, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, or Peru you may have a maximum of two service agreements established at any time (either account-based or cash-based). For remittances to China you may have a maximum of one service agreement established at any time (either account-based or cash-based).
How much money can I send to my beneficiary?
The aggregate daily amount which you may transfer to a beneficiary using a Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service Agreement varies by country and Remittance Network Member. The minimum you can send is $25. There are also limits on the total amount as well as the number of transfers you may send over various timeframes.
For more detail, see a list of ExpressSend money transfer limits.
How much does the service cost?
There are no ExpressSend Service enrollment fees, no monthly or annual ExpressSend maintenance fees, and no ExpressSend Service fees for your beneficiary.
For one low transaction fee, send up to a country’s aggregate daily transfer amount with your Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service to your beneficiary. Please refer to country-specific pages for more information on transaction limits and fees, which vary by country.
The transaction fee will be charged for each transfer. Open an eligible Wells Fargo Checking Package® and the transaction fee is discounted.
Estimate how much it will cost to send money with the ExpressSend Remittance Cost Estimator.
How do I send money internationally using my cash-based service agreement?
How do I send money internationally using my account-based service agreement?
Once the first remittance has been initiated in person at a Wells Fargo store, you can make subsequent remittances using your account-based service agreement by calling Wells Fargo Phone BankSM at 1-800-869-3557, by logging in to your Wells Fargo Online® service at wellsfargo.com, or at any Wells Fargo store location. The first remittance using an account-based service agreement must be conducted in person at a Wells Fargo store location.
Can I cancel an ExpressSend transaction?
Yes, you have the right to cancel an ExpressSend transfer within 30 minutes of completing the remittance transfer, and obtain a refund of all funds paid to us, including all fees, unless the funds have already been picked up by your beneficiary or deposited to their account.
To initiate such a request, you must contact Wells Fargo Global Remittance Services at 1-800-556-0605 within 30 minutes of making your ExpressSend transfer. Or, within 30 minutes of completing your ExpressSend transfer, you may log on to your Wells Fargo secure online banking session at www.wellsfargo.com and proceed to the “Transfers” and “To Another Country” tabs. Select the History link for the Agreement you used to make the transfer. Then, select the Cancel link in the Action column for the transfer you want to cancel. If no Cancel link appears, then the 30 minute cancellation window for the transfer has expired.
Read your ExpressSend Sender’s Rights for more information.
To enroll in the Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service, call 1-800-869-3557.