Wells Fargo has been recognized as the best bank service provider of international remittances.
With the Wells Fargo ExpressSend Service, you can send money from your eligible Wells Fargo checking or savings accounts to your family or friends (beneficiaries), in Central America and the Caribbean, at the following Remittance Network Members:
- Guatemala – Banrural, Banco Industrial, G&T Continental
- El Salvador – Banco Agrícola, Banco Davivienda Salvadoreño, Sistema Fedecrédito, SCOTIABANK,
Remesas BAC Credomatic
- Honduras – Banco Ficohsa, Banco Atlántida, BAC|Honduras*
- Nicaragua – Banpro*, Banco LAFISE BANCENTRO
- Dominican Republic – Banco BHD León*, Banco del Progreso*, Banreservas*
* To cash only
To learn more about the transfer limits to each Remittance Network Member, visit ExpressSend transfer limits.
- Fees and exchange rates may vary by remittance network member, and/or the amount sent.
- Take advantage of discounted transfer fees by opening an eligible Wells Fargo Checking Package®.
- Estimate how much it will cost to send money to your family and friends around the world with the ExpressSend Remittance Cost Estimator.
Guatemala – U.S. Dollars to Guatemalan Quetzals
El Salvador – U.S. Dollars to U.S. Dollars
Honduras – U.S. Dollars to Honduran Lempiras
Nicaragua – U.S. Dollars to U.S. Dollars
Dominican Republic – U.S. Dollars to Dominican Pesos
Estimate how much it will cost to send money to your family and friends around the world with the ExpressSend Remittance Cost Estimator.
Step 1 – Talk to your Wells Fargo banker, or call today, to learn about the options available and select the one that best fits your needs.
Step 2 – Tell us who should receive the money (beneficiary) and how you want your beneficiary to receive the money (cash pickup or deposit to your beneficiary’s account).
Step 3 – We’ll establish the transfer details to ensure your money is sent quickly and safely. The first remittance you send under each service agreement must be initiated in person at a Wells Fargo store or, for eligible customers, by calling the Wells Fargo Phone BankSM. Subsequent Remittances may be initiated at a Wells Fargo store, by calling the Wells Fargo Phone Bank, or through Wells Fargo Online® at wellsfargo.com.
When completing the Express Send Service Agreement, you must provide:
- The name, address, and telephone number of your beneficiary, and the Remittance Network Member(s) to which your funds should be sent.
- Your beneficiary’s full physical address, which must be located in the country to which your remittance is being sent. Post office box addresses are not allowed.
- Your beneficiary’s telephone number, which must either be a number in the country to which your remittance is to be sent or a U.S. telephone number. You must also indicate whether the number is a mobile line or land-based line.
We will be unable to establish your Service Agreement if you do not provide this information.
Need more information? Read our frequently asked question.