Choice of loans and programs. Local home mortgage consultants. Great technology. First-time homebuyers can count on Wells Fargo, the nation's #1 mortgage lender.
Video – 4 steps to a home loan
When you look at it, the mortgage process is really just 4 basic steps.
Find a loan or program
Don't have a lot to put down? Want interest rate flexibility? We've got first-time homebuyers covered. Here are some ideas to get started:
- Wells Fargo yourFirst MortgageSM. Buy a home with as little as 3% down.
- Fixed-rate and adjustable rate mortgages. Whether you plan on staying in your home forever or only for a while, you have options.
- Builder Best® Extended Rate Lock program. Your interest rate range won’t rise while you’re building your home.
Work with a home mortgage consultant
Work with us any way you want — in person, by phone, email, and online. Your Wells Fargo home mortgage consultant, and our other home loan professionals, will help you:
- Find your price range. We want you to succeed at homeownership.
Estimate how much you could afford
- Help you understand your credit. Get informed, then explore your options.
Why credit is important
- Get preapproved. Be a serious buyer in the homebuying market.
What you need to know
- Apply for financing. See how the Wells Fargo process works before you apply.
Get yourLoanTrackerSM and ongoing support
Track the progress of your loan, upload documents, even sign select documents. All online, from your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Talk to your home mortgage consultant to see if yourLoanTracker is available for your loan.
When you close on your home, you open more doors. Having all your accounts in one place, flexible payment scheduling, easy online access — these are only a few of the services you get with Wells Fargo.
Did you know?
We're the nation's leading home loan servicer. We're here to support you for the long haul, before and after you close. Learn more