Our goal is to help enable long-lasting, sustainable housing to veterans; help active duty service members and their spouses with career transition; and provide financial education and resources specifically for military families.
We are in your neighborhood, working with you to help improve and grow your community through various programs and sponsorships.
- The SBA Veterans Pledge Initiative aims to increase the number of veteran small business entrepreneurs served by 2,000 or 5 percent annually through 2018. Wells Fargo is among the participating lenders who support the SBA's efforts to approve more SBA loans for military veteran small business entrepreneurs who seek financing and are ready to use credit for their business.
- Wells Fargo supports Warriors to Summits, a program of No Barriers USA, whose mission is to unleash the potential of the human spirit. The program empowers veterans and transitioning service members with disabilities, and survivors of the fallen, to overcome barriers and unleash their potential. Their experiences serve as both an opportunity for growth and catalyst for change as these brave men and women stretch boundaries, build teams, innovate through adversity and step up to lead and serve others. Complementing the reintegration process, this program provides quality transformative experiences that inspire warriors to grow and continue to contribute their absolute best to the world.
After years of living in on-base housing, in barracks, or in tents, having a place to call home should be a possibility. With the help of many dedicated organizations, we're developing programs to help make sustainable homeownership attainable.
- We have donated more than $50 million dollars, including more than 220 property donations and support, to qualifying non-profits that serve veterans and their families.
- Those interested in applying for one of these homes should apply through these participating nonprofits: Military Warrior Support Foundation and Operation Homefront.
- To help keep veterans in their homes, we have hosted five military Home Preservation Workshops and created a Military Customer Service call center at 1-866-936-7272.
- Home financing options with personalized service through our network of military-certified home mortgage consultants. Whether buying your first home, refinancing your current home, or responding to Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, your military-certified Wells Fargo Home Mortgage consultant is here to serve you. Call 1-877-337-9405 for assistance.
In the workplace, Wells Fargo values the leadership, discipline and service record of military members and veterans, employing more than 7,800 team members today who self-identify as veterans. To learn more about Wells Fargo and the many career opportunities the company has to offer, visit Careers for Military Veterans.
- Wells Fargo is committed to increasing its veteran team member population to 20,000 by 2020. Through its "Hiring Our Heroes’ Military Translator" tool, Wells Fargo helps veterans translate their military skills into job skills.
- Wells Fargo offers enhanced training for hiring managers to increase their understanding of the valuable skills and experiences veterans have to offer.
- Over the last three years, Wells Fargo has successfully mentored 170 veterans through our alliance with American Corporate Partners.
- Wells Fargo has committed its support to help military veteran entrepreneurs by participating in the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Veteran Pledge Initiative. In May 2013, Wells Fargo joined with other SBA lenders in an effort to increase SBA lending to military veteran business owners by 5 percent annually over the next five years. The industry-wide pledge is expected to result in 2,000 more SBA loans for military veteran entrepreneurs who seek financing and are ready to use credit for their business.
Military Crosswalk software easily helps veterans translate their Military Occupation Codes (MOC) into available job openings within our company.
Financial planning is for everyone — the newly enlisted, when you have a change in assignment, or for your new life separated from the military.
- We offer a combination of detailed online classes, local seminars, and on-base forums to help veterans and active-duty servicemembers with everything from basic banking and money management to preparing for homeownership.
- We've launched a customized version of the Hands on Banking® site, our free financial-education program, tailored to the needs of veterans and active-duty service members and their families. The program is available in English and Spanish.
- Wells Fargo and the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) have joined forces to provide one-on-one financial reviews and deliver Hands on Banking for Military workshops through the NFCC Member Agency network. To learn more, contact your local Wells Fargo banking location or our partner, the NFCC, at SharpenToday.org or call 1-855-3-SHARPEN.
Visit any of our banking locations and talk one-on-one with a banker to help you better understand your financial picture.