Our goal is to help enable long-lasting, sustainable housing to veterans; help active duty service members and their spouses with career transition; and provide financial education and resources specifically for military families.
We are in your neighborhood, working with you to help improve and grow your community through various programs and sponsorships.
- The SBA Veterans Pledge Initiative aims to increase the number of veteran small business entrepreneurs served by 2,000 or 5 percent annually through 2018. Wells Fargo is among the participating lenders who support the SBA's efforts to approve more SBA loans for military veteran small business entrepreneurs who seek financing and are ready to use credit for their business.
- Wells Fargo sponsored a Soldiers to Summits (S2S) mission in 2014. Soldiers to Summits helps disabled veterans overcome personal barriers. The program inspires veterans to step up to lead themselves and serve others.
- "Got your six" means "I've got your back." A $1 million sponsorship of Got Your 6 is one way that we demonstrate support for initiatives that have your back. A unique campaign that unites the entertainment industry with expert nonprofit military support organizations, Got Your 6 is devoted to changing the conversation around military veterans in America so that veterans and military families are seen as civic assets and leaders who will reinvigorate our communities. This sponsorship supports activities including hiring fairs and financial education.
After years of living in on-base housing, in barracks, or in tents, having a place to call home should be a possibility. With the help of many dedicated organizations, we're developing programs to help make sustainable homeownership attainable.
- Through 2015, we have committed $30 million in property donations and support to qualifying nonprofits that serve veterans and their families.
- Those interested in applying for one of these homes should apply through these participating nonprofits: http://www.militarywarriors.org or www.operationhomefront.net.
- To help keep veterans in their homes, we have hosted five military Home Preservation Workshops and created a Military Customer Service call center at 1-866-936-7272.
- Our Military Mortgage Express® program provides service members and veterans home financing options with personalized service through our network of Wells Fargo Military Certified consultants. Whether buying your first home, refinancing your current home, or responding to Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, your Wells Fargo Military Certified Home Mortgage Consultant is here to serve you.
We are honored to be the #1 originator of VA home loans.
To learn more about Wells Fargo and the many career opportunities the company has to offer, visit Careers for Military Veterans.
- Wells Fargo actively recruits at local, national, and virtual career events, resulting in over 1,000 veteran hires in 2013. These newly hired veterans join Wells Fargo's existing team member population of more than 7,000 veterans.
- "Hiring America" is a weekly employment TV show dedicated to supporting veterans and military families by providing career advice, job news, hiring prospects, and support from community organizations. This program is underwritten, in part, by Wells Fargo.
- Through alliances with American Corporate Partners (ACP), 100,000 Jobs Mission, Hero2Hired, and Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), we are helping mentor, train, and hire veterans and military spouses. Through these same alliances, we are participating in regional hiring events.
Military Crosswalk software easily helps veterans translate their Military Occupation Codes (MOC) into available job openings within our company.
Financial planning is for everyone — the newly enlisted, when you have a change in assignment, or for your new life separated from the military.
- We offer a combination of detailed online classes, local seminars, and on-base forums to help veterans and active-duty service members with everything from basic banking and money management to preparing for homeownership.
- We've launched a customized version of the Hands on Banking® site, our free financial-education program, tailored to the needs of veterans and active-duty service members and their families. The program is available in English and Spanish.
- Wells Fargo and the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) have joined forces to provide one-on-one financial reviews and deliver Hands on Banking for Military workshops through the NFCC Member Agency network. To learn more, contact your local Wells Fargo banking location or our partner, the NFCC, at SharpenToday.org or call 1-855-3-SHARPEN.
Visit any of our stores and talk one-on-one with a banker to help you better understand your financial picture.