A comprehensive online and mobile solution for self-directed investing.
With a WellsTrade account, you'll be empowered to invest the way you want. Use our standard trading account for general investing. Plan for your retirement through Traditional, Roth, and SEP IRAs. Save for college with our Education Savings Account.
With a single sign-on, you can securely access your investment and banking accounts on your PC, laptop, tablet, and smartphone.
Manage your investments with convenience
With a WellsTrade account, you can plan, select, and monitor your investment portfolio with robust tools and independent investment resources — online and by phone 24/7.
- Enter trades for stocks, no-load mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, and options
- Check your account activity, balances, holding detail, gains & losses, and open orders
- Get real-time quotes, charts, symbol lookup
- Stay informed with market news, data, and index information
- Set up alerts and monitor the status of your balances, trades, and transfers
- Try the Wells Fargo Advisors Mutual Fund Screener tool to find mutual funds that can help you meet your investment goals
Mobile access, when you need it
Away from your computer? Use your tablet or smartphone to:
- Place trades and track orders
- Manage watchlists and get real-time quotes
- View account activity
- Access market news and data
Simplify your banking and investing
With a WellsTrade account, you can conveniently sign on to your PC, laptop, smartphone, or tablet to:
- Have secure access to your Wells Fargo banking, Bill Pay, and Wells Fargo Advisors investment accounts
- See all your balances on one screen (with either your PC or mobile device)
- Transfer money between accounts, or transfer money to another person with Wells Fargo SurePaySM
Equity and ETF trades made online, through your PC, iPad, or smartphone and our automated phone system are only $8.95. With an account minimum of $5000 or for the first calendar year of account open, the $25 minimum balance fee will be waived.
Get a discounted rate of $6.95 per online trade, our best offer, when you link your WellsTrade account to your Portfolio by Wells Fargo® relationship, Wells Fargo Bank’s premium relationship package to help simplify your finances and save money. See "Offers" tab above for details.
|Transaction or Fee
||Online or Automated Telephone Trading
|Stocks/ETFs (Excluding Penny Stocks)
$6.95 linked to your Portfolio by Wells Fargo relationship
No Transaction Fee
Please see the WellsTrade Commissions and Fees
for complete information.
Get the most out of your WellsTrade account
- Use our suite of tools to help you plan, select, and monitor your investments.
- Access your brokerage statements, trade confirms, shareholder documents, proxies, and year-end tax documents online. Download frequently-used WellsTrade account forms.
- Get a snapshot of your entire financial picture with our Wells Fargo One-StopSM account aggregation service.
- Use our voice-activated phone system to access balances, place trades, get quotes, and transfer money.
- Access your brokerage statements, trade confirms, shareholder documents, proxies, and year-end tax documents online.
- Easily add features to your account depending on your investment needs, financial resources, and risk tolerance. Features available include margin (not available for qualified retirement plans including IRAs) and options trading.
- Receive 24/7 phone assistance support from our knowledgeable team.
How to fund your account
After you open your WellsTrade account, you can choose from four easy ways to fund it. Visit our FAQ page for further information.
Transfer funds from a Wells Fargo account
You can safely and securely transfer funds from a Wells Fargo Bank checking or savings account or from an account at another financial institution to your new WellsTrade brokerage account through Automated Delivery.
Transfers made between existing Wells Fargo Bank accounts can be completed online via the “Transfers” tab and are generally completed by the next business day. At this time, only personal checking or savings accounts drawn on a U.S. bank that can receive ACH transfers can be used.
Transfer funds and securities from an existing brokerage account at another firm
Complete our Customer Account Transfer form (PDF) and return it to us along with a complete copy of your most recent statement from the other brokerage firm. Transfers are typically completed within 10 business days. You may also transfer your IRA from another firm or roll over assets from qualified employer plans like a 401(k), 403(b), or 457 account into your WellsTrade IRA.
Mail a check
Make your check payable to Wells Fargo Advisors, MAC H0006-085, #1 N. Jefferson Ave., St. Louis, MO 63103.
Request a wire transfer from another financial institution
You will need to contact the other firm to complete their transfer form and provide them with Wells Fargo Advisors Routing Number and your new WellsTrade account number.
Special discount pricing for Portfolio by Wells Fargo® Customers
Get a discounted rate of $6.95 per online trade, our best offer, when you link your WellsTrade account to your Portfolio by Wells Fargo relationship. Portfolio by Wells Fargo is our premium relationship program, which helps you simplify your finances and save money with many fee waivers and discounted services. Enjoy premium rates with the best benefits and discounts offered on many financial solutions.
Account Opening and Linking to Portfolio by Wells Fargo:
- To open a WellsTrade account and a Portfolio by Wells Fargo relationship: call 1-877-573-7997. If you already have a Portfolio by Wells Fargo relationship, the representative will be able to link your new WellsTrade account to your existing Portfolio by Wells Fargo relationship.
- Already have a WellsTrade account but don’t have a Portfolio by Wells Fargo relationship? Speak with your banker or call 1-866-245-3452.
Mutual funds are sold by prospectus. Please consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. A fund’s prospectus, which contains this and other information, can be obtained by calling your Financial Advisor or by contacting 1-800-872-3377. Read the prospectus carefully before you invest.
Mutual fund investing involves risks, including the possible loss of principal. Consult a fund's prospectus for additional information on risks.
Wells Fargo Advisors offers qualified customers the ability to invest on margin. Margin allows you to extend the financial reach of your brokerage account. Find out how margin works
Margin borrowing may not be suitable for all investors. When you use margin, you are subject to a high degree of risk.
Options involve risks and are not suitable for all investors. When you apply for a Wells Fargo Advisors options account, you will receive a copy of the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options. You should review this document carefully, and can obtain additional copies by contacting 1-800-872-3377, or the Chicago Board Options Exchange, 400 S. LaSalle Street, Chicago, IL 60605
Market conditions can magnify any potential for loss. The value of the securities you hold in your account, which will fluctuate, must be maintained above a minimum value in order for the loan to remain in good standing. If it is not, you will be required to deposit additional securities and/or cash in the account or securities in the account may be sold.
Please carefully review the margin agreement, which explains the terms and conditions of the margin account, including how the interest on the loan is calculated.
An $8.95 charge per trade is applicable to commissions for online and automated telephone trading of stocks (excluding penny stocks) and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). Each trade will be treated as a separate transaction, except in the case of commissions for multiple trades in the same security executed on the same side of the market on the same day, which will be aggregated.
Your mobile carrier's message and data rates may apply.
There is no fee for the first calendar year of new account open. Thereafter, the $25 minimum balance fee will be charged to one account in September of each year if total asset value of your accounts in your WellsTrade household is less than $5,000 on June 30 of each year. This fee will be waived, if on June 30 of each year, either 1) total asset value of all your accounts is $5,000 or more, or 2) your accounts are linked to a Portfolio by Wells Fargo relationship, regardless of the Portfolio by Wells Fargo relationship balance. Your total household value includes all assets listed in your WellsTrade account statements, except for those shown under the “Other Assets/Liabilities” section. The grouping of accounts into a household is based on account eligibility and family relationships such as children, parents, domestic partners and others. Certain accounts cannot be included in a household. Please call us at 1-800-TRADERS for more information and to determine whether all eligible accounts have been included in your household. It is your responsibility to ensure that all eligible accounts are included in your household.
Discounted flat rate commissions as follows: $6.95 per trade when your Wells Fargo Advisors WellsTrade
account is linked to your Portfolio by Wells Fargo
relationship. Unlimited $6.95 trades can be applied to commissions for online and automated telephone trading of stocks (excluding Penny Stocks) and exchange-traded funds. Each trade will be treated as a separate transaction, except in the case of commissions for multiple trades in the same security executed on the same side of the market on the same day, which will be aggregated. WellsTrade
household minimum balance fee is waived regardless of Portfolio by Wells Fargo
balances when your WellsTrade
account is linked to your Portfolio by Wells Fargo
account as of June 30 of each year. If the Portfolio by Wells Fargo
relationship is terminated, the commission discount for trades will discontinue and revert to the current applicable commission rate. Other fees and commissions apply to a WellsTrade
account. For complete information on fees and commissions, refer to the WellsTrade Account Commissions and Fees Schedule
. Schedule subject to change at any time.
The Portfolio by Wells Fargo program has a $30 monthly service fee, which can be avoided when you have one of the following Portfolio by Wells Fargo qualifying balances:
- $25,000 or more in qualifying linked bank deposits (checking, savings, time accounts (CDs), FDIC-insured IRAs), or
- $50,000 or more in qualifying linked bank, brokerage (available through our brokerage affiliate Wells Fargo Advisors®), and credit balances (including 10% of mortgage balances, certain mortgages not eligible).
Investment and Insurance Products:
- Are Not insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency
- Are Not deposits of or guaranteed by a Bank
- May Lose Value
Wells Fargo Advisors is a trade name used by Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC (WFCS), Member SIPC, a registered broker-dealer and non-bank affiliate of Wells Fargo & Company. WellsTrade® brokerage accounts are offered through WFCS.
Access to the service may be limited, delayed or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, system upgrades or maintenance, or electronic, communication or system problems, or for other reasons. During times of high volume of trading at the market opening, or intra-day, clients may experience delays in system access, or execution at prices significantly away from the market price quoted or displayed at the time the order was entered.
Information published by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Wells Fargo Advisors, or one of its affiliates as part of this website is published in the United States and is intended only for persons in the United States. Wells Fargo Advisors does not provide tax advice. Please see your tax advisor to determine how this information may apply to your own situation. Wells Fargo Advisors equity order routing information.
Brokerage products and services are offered through Wells Fargo Advisors. Wells Fargo Advisors is a trade name used by Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC (WFCS) and Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, LLC, Members SIPC, separate registered broker-dealers and non-bank affiliates of Wells Fargo & Company. WellsTrade® brokerage accounts are offered through WFCS.
Deposit products offered by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.