With the convenience and control of a WellsTrade® account, it’s easy to invest in an IRA (rollover, traditional, Roth, or SEP), a general investing and trading account, or an Education Savings Account.
With a single sign-on, you can securely access your investment and banking accounts on your PC, laptop, iPad and smartphone.
Manage your investments with convenience
Whether you trade stocks, bonds, no-load funds, options or ETFs, WellsTrade online trading platform empowers your investing. You can plan, select and monitor your investment portfolio with robust tools and independent investment resources — online and by phone 24/7.
- Enter trades for stocks, exchange-traded funds, no-load mutual funds and options
- Check your account activity, balances, holding detail and open orders
- Get quotes — including real-time quotes, charts, symbol lookup and options information
- Read market news, access market data and index information
- Set up alerts and monitor the status of your balances, trades, and transfers
- Create alerts and watchlists
- Set up portfolio monitoring tools to track your account’s gains and losses
Mobile access, when you need it
Away from your computer? Use your tablet or smartphone to:
- Place trades
- View account activity
- Get real-time quotes
- Access market news and data
- Track open orders
- Manage watchlists
With an eligible account, you can seamlessly navigate to Wells Fargo Bank Mobile Banking to pay bills, make deposits and transfer funds.
Simplify your banking and investing
With a WellsTrade account, you can conveniently sign on once to:
- Have secure access to your Wells Fargo banking, Bill Pay, and Wells Fargo Advisors investment accounts
- See all your balances on one screen (with either your PC or mobile device)
- Transfer money easily between banking and investment accounts
In addition, with a PMA® Package, you can simplify your records even more by receiving a single statement that includes information on all of your linked accounts.
Equity and ETF trades made online, through your PC, iPad, or smartphone and our automated phone system are only $8.95 and no annual account fee.
Get a discounted rate of $6.95 per online trade, our best offer, when you link your WellsTrade account to a PMA Package,.
The PMA Package is Wells Fargo Bank’s premium relationship package, which helps you simplify your finances and save money with many fee waivers and discounted services. The PMA Package also gives you premium rates with the best benefits and discounts offered on many financial solutions.
|Transaction or fee
||WellsTrade linked to a PMA Package
|Stocks (excluding penny stocks) and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
|No-load transaction fee mutual funds
|Penny stocks (stocks priced less than $1/share)
||$34.95 or 3.5% of principal, whichever is greater
||$34.95 or 3.5% of principal, whichever is greater
To open a WellsTrade account and a PMA Package, call 1-877-573-7997. If you already have a PMA package, the representative will be able to link it to your new WellsTrade account.
Already have a WellsTrade account but don’t have a PMA Package? Talk to your banker if you want to open a PMA Package and link it to your current WellsTrade account.
Your WellsTrade account gives you access to a powerful collection of Wells Fargo Advisors resources to help you plan your portfolio and select your investments, including:
- Market commentary and economic outlooks
- Market insight and analysis, featuring articles from Standard & Poor's
- Industry/sector watch with industry news
- Stovall's Sector Watch and sector performance ratings
- Investment ideas from Wells Fargo Advisors and Standard & Poor’s
- Investing Basics — If you’re new to investing or looking for general investing information or tips
With Portfolio Tracker, you can view 20-minute delayed streaming quotes, news, and charts on your desktop. You’ll also:
- Receive updates throughout the day, even after you sign off
- Customize the layout and data to suit your preference
- View price, technical, stochastic, and moving average charts
- Get intraday and market wrap-up reports
- See color-coded gain and loss fluctuations
You’ll also have access to mutual fund, ETF, and bond data, including the ability to:
- Access additional return and risk data
- Narrow your search with updated stock, mutual fund, and ETF screeners
- Explore the Wells Fargo Advisors Mutual Fund Families list or the WellsTrade Mutual Fund (PDF)* Screened List – an easy to use pre-selected list of no-load mutual funds
- Read bond market commentary
Set up alerts to monitor your balances, portfolio and sector/industry changes and create watch lists.
Get the most out of your brokerage account
- Receive phone assistance from our knowledgeable support team 24/7.
- Use our voice-activated phone system to access balances, place trades, get quotes, and transfer money.
- Access your brokerage statements, trade confirms, shareholder documents, proxies, and year-end tax documents online.
- Find and download frequently-used WellsTrade account forms.
- Get a snapshot of your entire financial picture with our Wells Fargo One-StopSM account aggregation service.
- Easily add features to your account depending on your investment needs, financial resources, and risk tolerance — you can also apply for margin (PDF)* or options (PDF)* trading.
How to fund your account
After you open your WellsTrade account, you can choose from four easy ways to fund it:
Transfer funds from Wells Fargo Advisors brokerage account
You can safely and securely transfer funds from a Wells Fargo Bank checking or savings account or from an account at another financial institution to your new WellsTrade brokerage account through Automated Delivery.
Transfers made between existing Wells Fargo Bank accounts can be completed online via the “Transfers” tab and are generally completed by the next business day. At this time, only personal checking or savings accounts drawn on a U.S. bank that can receive ACH transfers can be used.
Transfer funds and securities from an existing brokerage account at another firm
Complete our Customer Account Transfer form (PDF)* and return it to us along with a complete copy of your most recent statement from the other brokerage firm. Transfers are typically completed within 10 business days. You may also transfer your IRA from another firm or roll over assets from qualified employer plans like a 401(k), 403(b), or 457 account into your WellsTrade IRA.
Mail a check
Make your check payable to Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC, MAC H0006-085, #1 N. Jefferson Ave., St. Louis, MO 63103.
Request a wire transfer from another financial institution
You will need to contact the other firm to complete their Wire Transfer request form (PDF)* and provide them with Wells Fargo Advisors Routing Number and your new WellsTrade account number.