Navegó a una página que no está disponible en español en este momento. Seleccione el enlace si desea ver otro contenido en español.

Página principal

IRS Form 1099

Reports income other than salary from an employer to the U.S. government.

You may be asked to provide these forms to verify various types of income:

  • Dividend/interest income (1099-INT or 1099-DIV)
  • Most recent tax refund (1099-G)
  • Independent contractor income (1099-MISC)
  • Pension or retirement income (1099-R)

You may also be asked to provide copies of recent federal income tax returns (IRS 1040) or tax transcripts.


  • Send returns from all years requested (last 2 years, etc.)
  • Make sure information on forms matches your tax returns

Tips for a smoother application process

  • Make sure documents are clear and legible.
  • Don't alter any pages (no strikethroughs, cross-outs, etc.).
  • Send all pages, even the blank ones.