Navegó a una página que no está disponible en español en este momento. Seleccione el enlace si desea ver otro contenido en español.

Página principal

Order Checks, Stop Payments, and Other Requests Questions

How do I order checks?

You can order checks online or by phone.

To order checks online, sign on to Wells Fargo Online®. Don't have access to Wells Fargo Online? Enroll now.

To order checks by phone:

  • Personal accounts: Call Wells Fargo at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
  • Business accounts: Call Harland Clarke Corp. at 1-800-237-8982.

How do I order a Cashier's Check?

Wells Fargo customers can order checks online or in person.

  • For checks valued up to $2,000 each, order Cashier's Checks through Wells Fargo Online, or if you are already signed into your Online Banking you can access Order Checks & Currency through the Accounts tab, or visit a Wells Fargo location near you.

We will charge your account for the amount of the Cashier's Check(s) and any applicable fees.

How do I purchase a Money Order?

Wells Fargo customers can purchase money orders valued up to $1,000 each at any Wells Fargo location.

How do I purchase a Savings Bond?

Savings bonds can be purchased by visiting the US Treasury Website.

How can I get a copy of a cancelled check?

For checks that have posted to your account, you can view a copy by signing on to Wells Fargo Online and clicking the icon beside the check number on the Account Details page, or access Request Copies through the Accounts tab.

Note: For legal purposes, a digital image is the same as a paper copy of a check, and there is no cost for Wells Fargo Online check images.

To view a Wells Fargo Online online check image:

  • For checks that posted within the past 90 days, click the check icon next to the check number on the Account Activity page.
  • For older checks, search by check number and the date it posted.
  • You will be able to view the front and back of the check, print it, or save it.
  • Wells Fargo Online check images are provided with no charge and there is no limit to the number of checks that you can view online, print, or save.

To order a paper copy of a check:

  • You will need to provide the check number, amount of the check, the date the check cleared your account, and the account number.
  • You can order a photocopy of a check that is up to seven years old.
  • Please allow up to ten business days for delivery.
  • There may be a fee for this service. For details, please refer to your Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule or call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).

How do I request a copy of a deposit?

If a deposit has already posted to your account, you can order a copy of a past deposit through Wells Fargo Online. Simply sign on to Wells Fargo Online and access Request Copies through the Accounts tab. You will need to provide your account number, the amount of the deposit, and the date the deposit was credited to your account.

If the deposit has not yet posted, or if the deposit was made to an account you do not access through Wells Fargo Online, call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557). Please have your Transaction Receipt available when calling.

More information about deposit photocopies:

  • You may obtain a photocopy of a deposit within seven years of the deposit date.
  • Please allow up to ten business days for delivery.
  • You may also request copies of the checks that were included in the deposit.
  • A Document Copy Fee may apply when Wells Fargo provides you with a paper copy of a deposit and/or the accompanying checks. For additional information, please refer to your Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule, or call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).

To order new blank deposit slips, call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).

How do I get a new debit card PIN?

If you've recently opened a new Wells Fargo account and requested a debit card you may have selected a Personal Identification Number (PIN).  If you did not select a PIN one will be mailed to you separately from your card.

If you know your current card PIN, you can quickly change it at any Wells Fargo ATM or by bringing your card to your local Wells Fargo branch. You can also change it by using the automated customer service option when calling the phone number on the back of your card.

If you can't remember your PIN and need a new one, bring your card and identification to a Wells Fargo branch, or request a system-generated PIN by talking with a Phone Banker. Simply call the customer service number on the back of your card or on your account statement.

How do I place a stop payment on a check or pre-authorized payment (ACH Automated Clearing House) item?

You can request a stop payment through Wells Fargo Online (check only), by phone (check and ACH items) or by visiting your local branch and speaking with a banker.

  • To place a stop payment online for check only, sign on to Wells Fargo Online and access Manage Accounts through the Accounts tab.
  • To place stop payments for a check or ACH item via phone please call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557). Please have the following information available when speaking to a banker:
    • Checks – Please provide the Name of Payee, Account Number, Paper item number or range of paper item numbers, Paper item date and Amount of item.
    • ACH items – Please provide the Company Name, Account Number, ACH Merchant ID and/or Company ID (can be found by reviewing a previous transaction) and Amount of item.
More information about stop payments
  • The stop payment will remain in effect for six months for checks and indefinitely for ACH items. You must request a new stop payment order if you don't want it to expire and we treat each renewal as a new order, and a new fee may apply. To remove a stop payment, please call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) or visit a local branch.
  • Placing a stop payment order does not release you from any contractual agreements. You may still be held to the terms of the agreement.

How do I change or cancel an automatic withdrawal or payment?

If you had authorized the merchant/company to charge your account and you want to stop the merchant's ability to debit the account for future transactions:

  • You should contact the merchant in writing and revoke your authorization to charge your account. Keep copies of your written notice revoking authorization and when offered, obtain and record a cancellation number from the merchant.
  • You may also place a stop payment on the transaction(s). Please visit the stop payment page above for more information.

If you have revoked authorization and the merchant continues to charge the account, you can then dispute the transactions with Wells Fargo by calling 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) or visiting your local branch.

How do I rent, make a payment or close a Safe Deposit Box?

Safe Deposit Boxes can be rented at most Wells Fargo locations. The yearly rental fee varies depending on the size of the box. Please contact a banker at your local Wells Fargo branch for details on safe deposit box availability.

To make the annual payment for your Safe Deposit Box:

  • Visit your local Wells Fargo location, or
  • Mail your payment to Wells Fargo Safe Deposit Operations, P.O. Box 173793, Denver, CO 80217. Include your invoice or write the Box number on your check.

To establish automatic payments to pay for your Safe Deposit Box renewal fee, call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).

To close your Safe Deposit Box, please visit the Wells Fargo branch where your box is located to complete a close agreement and remove your personal belongings.

How do I view the Safe Deposit Box Lease Terms?

How do I get assistance with a Court Blocked Account?

You can schedule an appointment with a personal banker for document review by visiting your local Wells Fargo branch or contacting the Wells Fargo Phone Bank at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).