The APY (Annual Percentage Yield) is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of interest paid on the account, based on the interest rate and the frequency of compounding for a 365-day period. Your account statement will include the APY earned on your savings accounts and interest-earning checking accounts for the period covered by the statement.
Wells Fargo's premier relationship package offers a higher level of benefits and a meaningful way to simplify your finances and save money.
An interest-earning PMA Premier Checking account is the foundation of our PMA Package. When you link it to your other eligible Wells Fargo accounts — like savings, CDs (Time Accounts), mortgages, IRAs, and more — you can:
- Save money with premier benefits. Get bonus interest rates, bigger discounts, and fee waivers for many common banking services.
- Save time with easier financial management. With the PMA combined statement and online access, you can easily see your financial picture and information on your linked Wells Fargo accounts.
- Enjoy premier service. The Wells Fargo Premier Banking TeamSM offers superior service access with 24/7 phone support.
Bank anywhere, anytime
With Wells Fargo you get free access to more than 12,500 Wells Fargo ATMs and approximately 6,200 retail banking stores. For even more convenience, you can access your accounts online or by mobile phone.
Common checking account fees
Learn about the common account fees for the PMA Package. View Account Fees (PDF)*
PMA Package monthly service fee
For each month that one of the following requirements in statement-ending balances is met, you’ll avoid the $30 monthly service fee:
- $25,000 or more in qualifying linked bank deposit accounts (checking, savings, CDs, FDIC-insured IRAs), or
- $50,000 or more in any combination of qualifying linked banking, brokerage (available through Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC), and credit balances (including 10% of mortgage balances, certain mortgages not eligible)
Minimum opening deposit
Open your PMA Package with only $50. We make it easy to fund your account online.
Competitive interest rate on PMA Premier Checking
|$0 - $4,999.99||0.01%|
|$5,000 or more||0.05%|
Highlights of premier benefits for all PMA customers:
- Bonus interest rates on linked CDs and select FDIC-insured IRAs, and select linked savings accounts
- No monthly service fee on additional select linked checking and savings accounts
- Interest rate discounts on select new loans and lines of credit
- Annual fee waiver on one eligible home equity line of credit
- Waived ATM access fee for two non-Wells Fargo ATM cash withdrawals
- Discount on Wells Fargo ExpressSend® remittance service
- Special credit card benefits for your Wells Fargo Visa® credit card such as special Purchase and Travel Protection Coverage
- No fee for many bank services
- Wells Fargo personal checks — except desk checks or home office style (three-on-a-page) — for the primary PMA Checking account**
- Cashier's checks, personal money orders, Wells Fargo Online® banking with Bill Pay**
- Overdraft Protection transfer from eligible line of credit**
- Account alerts to your mobile phone or email
- Wells Fargo Mobile® banking
Annual relationship bonus on non-bonus reward points for Wells Fargo Propel 365 American Express® Card and Wells Fargo Propel World American Express® Card
Additional benefits available on the PMA Checking account for PMA customers with $250,000 or more in qualifying PMA relationship balances:
- ATM benefits
- Waived Wells Fargo ATM access fee for cash withdrawals made at non-Wells Fargo ATMs
- Reimbursement of surcharges imposed by third parties if you use a non-Wells Fargo ATM (U.S. only)
- Reimbursement of up to five surcharges per statement period imposed by third parties if you use a non-Wells Fargo ATM (International only)
- No fees for
- Incoming wires
- Stop payments
- Wells Fargo ExpressSend remittance service
- Overdraft protection when the funds are transferred from a savings account
Investment strategies designed to help meet your personal financial goals
Wells Fargo Advisors is the third largest full-service provider of brokerage services in the U.S.,† with more than 15,000 Financial Advisors nationwide.
PMA Package benefits
- Transfer money between banking and investment accounts easily.
- Access a powerful collection of Wells Fargo Advisor resources including the latest market commentary and economic outlooks.
- Get 24/7 assistance by phone from our knowledgeable support team.
Work with an Advisor: No annual fee on linked qualifying full service brokerage account or IRA††† for customers with $250,000 or more in PMA relationship balances and linked to the PMA Package as of June 30 of each year.
- Get a plan that encompasses your entire financial picture, not just your investments with Wells Fargo Advisors.
- Tap into our Financial Advisors' experience and sophisticated planning tools to develop a unique financial strategy — one that prepares and guides you through retirement, not just to retirement.
View a comparison chart of our most popular accounts. View Chart