Managing Your Money
In Managing Your Money, you'll learn about bank account options, how to create a budget, and how to manage cash flow and savings.
Where can I put my money?
- Types of bank accounts
- What to consider when choosing an account
- How do I know my money is safe?
How do I put together a budget?
- Determining your income
- How to calculate your expenses
- Saving for life's special moments
- Putting it all together in a budget
- How Much Is Your Latte Costing You?
- Budgeting 101: How Much do You Spend on Food?
How do I manage cashflow and savings?
- How to track your spending
- Paying yourself first
- How to reduce your debt
- Saving for an emergency
- How to keep track of your account
- How to avoid overspending
How to Build for the Future
In How to Build for the Future, you'll learn about setting goals, planning for the short and long term, using cash and credit, and protecting the money you have.
What should I consider when setting goals?
- Setting financial goals
- Managing your debt
- Living within your means
How do I plan for the short- and long-term?
- Financial plans vs. budgets
- How to create a financial plan
- Adjusting your financial plan
About cash and credit
- Cash or credit?
- How do I establish credit?
- Understand the real cost of borrowing
- Credit score vs. credit report
How can I protect the money I have?
- Protecting yourself against theft and fraud
- How insurance works
- Types of insurance to consider
Dealing with Financial Challenges
In Dealing with Financial Challenges, you'll learn about managing on less income, dealing with unexpected expenses, lowering the debt you have, and what you need to know before talking with creditors.
How can I manage on less income?
- Eliminating unnecessary expenses
- Reduce necessary expenses
- What to do when you can't afford your loan
How do I deal with unexpected expenses?
- How to respond to unexpected expenses
- Where to go for emergency funds
How do I lower the amount of debt I have?
- Evaluating your financial situation
- Can debt consolidation work for you?
- Create a repayment plan
- How credit counseling can help
How do I repair my credit?
- What do creditors look for?
- What affects my credit score?
What do I need to know before talking with my creditors?
- Know where you stand with your loan
- How to prepare to talk with your creditors