Our economists, strategists, and analysts collaborate across the capital structure to bring you a holistic view of the opportunities and risks in each of our investment recommendations. Whether it's detailed company analyses, research conferences and forums, or one-on-one investor meetings, our team is committed to serving your needs with unparalleled research capabilities.
Our analysts, industry conferences, and published reports are continuously recognized and regularly featured in the media.
Managing Director, Global Head of Research, Economics & Strategy
Diane Schumaker-Krieg is managing director, global head of Research, Economics & Strategy, and manages all fundamental research divisions within Wells Fargo, including Equities, High Yield, High Grade, Preferreds, Structured Products, Municipal Bonds, Strategic Indexing, Equity Strategy, Credit Strategy, and Economics. She and her team provide research to investors and also service team members throughout the Wells Fargo organization, including the 35,000-person Wholesale Baking group and more than 15,000 financial advisors within Wells Fargo Advisors.
John E. Silvia Ph.D.
Managing Director, Chief Economist
John joined the company in February 2002 as the chief economist for the bank. Previously, John worked on Capitol Hill as the senior economist for the U.S. Senate Joint Economic Committee and as the chief economist for the U.S. Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee. John also serves on the finance committee for the Mint Museum. Read more about John Silvia.
Lee D. Brading, CFA
Head of Credit Research, Senior Analyst
Lee is a managing director and head of Credit Research. He is also the senior high yield analyst for the Homebuilding, Building Product, and Service sectors. He has been selected to Institutional Investor's Fixed Income All-Star team each year since 2006 for his coverage of homebuilding and building product companies.
Head of Municipal Research, Senior Analyst
Natalie is managing director and head of Municipal Research and is widely quoted about municipal default and fiscal distress, public pensions, and other key credit topics. Her group also covers not-for-profit healthcare, infrastructure, state and local government, higher education, and market strategy.
Lisa F. Hausner
Director of Global Research Publishing
Lisa is a managing director and joined the Wells Fargo Securities Equity Research group as Director of Equity Publishing in 2000. In 2005, Lisa expanded her role as Director of Global Research Publishing, which includes oversight of the content, quality, and distribution of the integrated research product for the equity, corporate credit, economics, municipals, and strategy groups.
Marielle Jan de Beur
Head of Structured Products Research, Senior Analyst
Marielle is a managing director and joined the company in 2008 as head of Structured Products Research. In addition to managing the team, she serves as the senior CMBS Research Analyst.
Paul Jeanne, CFA, CPA
Associate Director of Research
Paul is a managing director and Associate Director of Research. He helps manage the High Grade Research team, leads the Research & Economics associate training and development effort, and contributes to the strategic direction of the department.
Sam J. Pearlstein
Co-Head of Equity Research, Senior Analyst
Sam Pearlstein is a managing director and the co-head of Equity Research for Wells Fargo Securities. He is also the senior Aerospace & Defense (A&D) equity analyst.
Todd M. Wickwire
Co-Head of Equity Research
Todd is a managing director and the co-head of Equity Research for Wells Fargo Securities. He is Chairman of the firm’s Equity Screening Committee and a member of the firm’s Equity Commitment Committee.
- 17 economists providing domestic and international economic commentary to assist with business and investment decisions
- Top 10 in forecasting in each of the past five years (Bloomberg, 2009 – 2014)
- Award-winning economic commentary (American Economic Association, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015)
- Timely and insightful research on more than 1,000 companies across eight industry sectors
- 60 senior analysts providing industry overviews, company-specific recommendations, thematic pieces, and instant commentary on industry and company news
- #2 ranked broker in the 2015 Thomson Reuters StarMine Analyst Awards. The annual awards rank analysts from more than 165 firms based on the returns of their recommendations relative to industry benchmarks and the accuracy of their earnings forecasts.
Foreign Exchange Research
- Daily and monthly foreign exchange analysis to help understand and manage the risks and opportunities of operating and investing abroad
- Consistently Ranked Among Most Accurate Currency Forecasters (Bloomberg)
High Grade/High Yield Research
- 19 senior analysts providing coverage of more than 750 securities
- Analyst commentary ranges from daily news headlines and flash analyses of corporate announcements to comprehensive industry and company strategic reviews
- Ranked #1 in High Grade Research and #3 in High Yield Research in the 2015 Institutional Investor Fixed Income Research Survey
Market Strategy Research
- Strategy teams that cover both the credit and equity markets
- Credit team that focuses on relative value across the credit spectrum, strategy periodicals, in-depth thematic analysis, flash market comments, and index analysis
- Equity team that provides a top-down perspective on the equity markets and research on topical market themes, macro and sector-specific earnings trends, inter-market dynamics, and a range of technical indicators
- In-depth analysis of municipal markets and specialized commentary on the healthcare, higher education, public power, infrastructure, and transportation sectors
- Special reports focusing on topical subjects such as bankruptcy, fiscal problems, public pensions, and how federal and state decisions might affect local finance
- Ranked #1 in the 2014 Smith's Research & Gradings All-Star Municipal Survey
Strategic Indexing Research
- Specialized equity and fixed income benchmarks to fulfill institutional and retail investors' needs for portfolio benchmarking and performance evaluation
- Indices span corporate and municipal bonds, hybrid capital securities, and common and preferred stock
Structured Products Research
- Comprehensive view of the CMBS, RMBS, CLOs, and Consumer ABS markets
- Reports range from market overviews, relative value analysis, and detailed collateral analysis to commercial property market publications
- CLO team ranked #1 in the 2015 Institutional Investor Fixed Income Research Survey
Wells Fargo Securities Research conferences are among the most widely attended on Wall Street, and bring together industry leaders, top executives, financial sponsors and investors to explore market and sector trends. Industry executives are given the opportunity to present their company's corporate and investment highlights, and each year we help more than 5,000 institutional investors explore these investment opportunities.
Additionally, we arrange customized one-on-one meetings between management teams and institutional investors.
- 4th Annual Denver Food Symposium
- 18th Annual Real Estate Securities Conference
- 5th Annual Energy Fundamentals Forum (MLP)
- 6th Annual Industrial & Construction Conference
- 6th Annual Gaming Conference
- 4th Annual Specialty Finance Symposium
- 10th Annual Healthcare Conference
- 6th Annual Technology, Media & Telecom Conference
- 14th Annual Energy Symposium
For more information please contact your Wells Fargo Securities representative.
Please note: Wells Fargo Securities Research conferences and forums are by invitation only. Wells Fargo will review all registrants to confirm eligibility. Invitations may not be transferred. Dates and locations are subject to change.