Open your new Wells Fargo business checking account and debit card
When you are ready to switch banks give us a call at 1-800-416-8658, or
Not sure which business checking account is right for your business?
Once you've opened your new Wells Fargo account, make sure you're enrolled for convenient, free access to Wells Fargo Business Online® to manage your business and personal accounts online anytime.
Use our transfer letter to simplify your switch
Switch recurring payments, payroll funding, and merchant services transactions from your old account to your new account. Depending on the payee, you may also be able to switch these transactions online or by phone.
Simply complete our Scheduled Payment Transfer Letter (PDF)* and send it to your providers and vendors. This letter can help you:
- Change scheduled payments. Alert companies to begin debiting requested payments from your new Wells Fargo account and business debit card. This includes utility bills, loan payments, etc.
- Switch payroll funding. Let your payroll services provider know to begin funding payroll from your new Wells Fargo account.
- Switch merchant card transactions. If your business accepts payments made by credit and debit cards, you’ll also need to switch the account you deposit funds into. Learn more about switching your merchant services.
Access the resources available with Wells Fargo Business Online®
With Wells Fargo Business Online you receive free access to both your business and personal accounts. Get started with:
- Debit Card Alerts. Sign up to track account balances, check activity, credit limits, and more.
- Wells Fargo Mobile. Access your accounts, transfer funds, and make bill payments from your phone.
- Money Map. Use our free online money management tool to automatically track your deposits, categorize spending, and create a budget.
Learn more about Wells Fargo Business Online.
Consider these tips when closing your old account:
- Once you've received your new Wells Fargo checks and cards, stop using and destroy the checks and cards associated with your old account.
- Allow time for outstanding checks, debit card purchases, and previously scheduled payments to clear — usually around 10 - 15 business days.
- When you have confirmed that all previously scheduled transactions have been switched and all outstanding transactions have cleared, send the Business Account Closing Letter (PDF)* to your previous bank. This letter will notify your previous bank to close your account and send you a check for the remaining balance.
To avoid previously scheduled transactions being processed using your old account after you've closed it, make sure to contact your providers and vendors once you switch banks to confirm that they have received the letter and are switching your accounts as instructed.