We’ll make it easy to get started, manage your payments, and keep up with changes in technology and customer preferences. As leaders in the payments industry, you can rely on our team to deliver streamlined payment processing services tailored to the needs of your business – on site, online, or on the go.
Make the switch
Switch from your current provider and we’ll cover up to $500 of your qualifying expenses. Learn more.
We make payment processing simple for your business by offering the expertise, products, and services to help you make the most of today’s payment technology options.
- Relationship benefits. Enjoy greater savings, special offers, and discounts when you choose additional business services. Start with a relationship-based business checking account.
- Next day funding. Get fast next-business-day funding.
- Technology-driven payment options. We’ll help you make sense of the changing payment landscape — bringing you the guidance, products, and services you need to stay ahead. Plus, you’ll get all the expertise and support you need from a single team.
- Easy onboarding. We make it easy to switch from another payment processing provider. And, we’ll cover up to $500 of your qualifying switching expenses.
- Online account management tools. With Business Track® view your transaction activity, create and schedule reports, and research customer card data online 24/7.
- Data Security and PCI Compliance support. We provide information and updates to help you manage your compliance with PCI-Data Security Standards.
Grow your business
Every business has different needs, and over time these needs change. As your business grows, you can count on us to bring you the latest payment technologies, as well as banking services and management tools to match your changing needs – with the expert guidance to put them all to work for you.
Here’s how we can help you grow your business:
- Expand your payment options. Access the latest ecommerce, terminal, software, and mobile technologies.
- Accept credit cards online. You can accept all major credit cards on your website via mail or phone. With easy set-up and installation of an ecommerce account, you can start accepting credit cards online in just a few days.
- Access working capital. Our Business Loans and Lines of Credit offer a range of solutions for merchants to get access to working capital.
- Start a gift card program. Gift cards are a smart way to boost brand awareness and loyalty, help increase your sales, and offer value. More gift card benefits
- Utilize account management tools. With Business Track®, view your transaction activity, create and schedule reports, and research customer card data online 24/7.
- Attract corporate and government customers. Enable your point of sale terminal to accept purchase card data (p-cards) to attract and retain corporate and government customers.
- Add a new location. We can help you scale up and support multiple locations as well as an increase in business.
- Enable pre-paid card balance inquiries. Make it easy for customers to check on balances and use their prepaid cards to purchase products and services from you.
Processing and next day funding
When a customer makes a payment, a number of technologies and institutions work together in just a few seconds to approve the transaction and schedule payment to your account. If you use Wells Fargo Merchant Services with Wells Fargo checking or savings account, you’ll get the funds from Visa®, Mastercard®, Discover® Network, and American Express® transactions as soon as the next business day.
Here’s how payment processing works
4. Authorization or decline is sent back to the terminal or internet gateway notifying the merchant and customer of status.
5. Merchant sends transaction for settlement to payment processor.
6. Payment processor deposits funds into the merchant’s account.