To support public health organizations, educational organizations, and social services organizations in the state of New Jersey.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
The purpose of the Ena Zucchi Charitable Trust is to support charitable organizations located in the state of New Jersey in equal percentages. Ms. Zucchi was very specific in her Will about the three causes her trust is to support on an annual basis:
- A Public Health Organization to be further distributed to an individual intending to enter into the public health field for purposes of funding such individual’s doctoral education at an accredited educational institution.
- An Educational Organization to be used to fund a project or program designed to develop the interest and involvement of children in improving the world environment. The term environment shall be construed broadly to include physical, social, intellectual, or economic environment.
- A Social Services Organization to be utilized toward the housing, education and/or employment of disadvantaged youths who express interest in working in a social service capacity.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applications must be submitted through the online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
Average grant size: $5,000
Average number of grants per year: 3
Application period and deadlines
Applications are accepted year-round. Applications must be submitted by March 15 to be reviewed at the annual grant meeting that occurs in April.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission.
Required agreements and reports
Except as otherwise specified when a grant is awarded, a progress report must be submitted within 6 months after receiving funds.
About the Foundation
The Ena Zucchi Charitable Trust was created by the Last Will and Testiment of Ms. Zucchi, who had very specific interests in supporting public health, educational, and social services organizations in her home state of New Jersey. Thanks to her generosity, charitable organizations falling into these three categories will benefit for many years to come.