To encourage rowing at the pre-collegiate level on the Schuykill River or in the Philadelphia area in Pennsylvania.
Grant requests should only be submitted by qualified schools and organizations in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area that promote rowing on the Schuykill River for students at the pre-collegiate level.
Schuykill River, Pennsylvania
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applications must be submitted through the online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
- Grants are only made for schools and other organizations that encourage rowing on the Schuykill River at the pre-collegiate level.
- Rowing programs must have been in existence for at least five years.
- Rowing programs must have competed in the Manny Flick regatta series for the last consecutive five years.
- Rowing programs must be viable and committed to promoting youth participation.
Average grant size: $4,000
Application period and deadlines
Applications must be submitted by March 1 for an April decision.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission. All applicants will be notified regarding the outcome of their application.
Required agreements and reports
Except as otherwise specified when a grant is awarded, a progress report must be submitted within 6 months after receiving funds.
About the Foundation
This trust was created by Dr. Robert C. White to encourage rowing on the Schuylkill River at the pre-collegiate level. His passion for the sport has benefitted many student athletes over the years by promoting fitness, teamwork, and competition.