To support charitable organizations which deal with the humane treatment and care of animals in Roanoke, Virginia or within a 30 mile radius.
Limited to programs supporting the care, protection, and prevention of cruelty to animals.
Roanoke, Virginia or within a 30 mile radius
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
The Alexander McCausland Charitable Trust provides grants to organizations that support the care, protection, and prevention of cruelty to animals.
- Organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applications must be submitted through the online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
- Organizations must be located in Roanoke, Virginia or within a 30 mile radius.
The Trust does not support organizations that engage in euthanasia.
- Humane treatment and care of animals
- Prevention of cruelty to animals
- Health, protection, feeding, and appropriate shelter of animals
Average grant size: $5,000 to $50,000
Average number of grants per year: 20
Average total giving per year: $650,000
Application period and deadlines
Applications are accepted year-round and grants are awarded annually. Applications must be submitted by September 30 to be reviewed at the October grant meeting.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission. Grant decisions are generally communicated by November for applications received by the deadline.
Required agreements and reports
Periodic progress reports and final reports may be required for funded projects.
About the Foundation
The Alexander McCausland Charitable Trust was created by Mr. Alexander McCausland. A significant portion of Mr. McCausland’s philanthropy was directed towards benefiting animals. His desire was to support charitable organizations that care for, protect, and prevent the cruelty to animals within his hometown of Roanoke, Virginia or within a 30 mile radius.