To perpetuate the generosity of John G. Duncan by supporting a variety of charitable causes within Colorado.
January 1 to March 31
Applications are accepted during this time period for organizations whose primary focus is Arts, Culture and Humanities or Education.
April 1 to June 30
Applications are accepted during this time period for organizations whose primary focus is Environment and Animals or Human Services.
July 1 to September 30
Applications are accepted during this time period for organizations whose primary focus is Health, Public/Society Benefit or Religion.
Arts, culture, and humanities
Causes supported must be within the state of Colorado.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
The John G. Duncan Charitable Trust supports a variety of charitable, benevolent, educational, and religious purposes within the state of Colorado.
- Applications must be submitted through the online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
- Organizations must serve and operate in Colorado.
- Organizations are eligible to apply once per calendar year. If a grant is awarded, the organization will be ineligible to apply in the following calendar year.
The foundation does not fund requests to support:
- General operating expenses
- Capital expenditures
- Organizations located outside of Colorado
- Other grantmaking organizations
- Organizations recognized by the IRS as non-functionally integrated supporting organizations per Section 509(a)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Average grant size: $5,000 to $10,000
Average total giving per year: $250,000 to $300,000
Application period and deadlines
Applications must be submitted during the application periods for specific program areas in order to be reviewed at the grant meetings held after each application deadline date: March 31, June 30 and September 30.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission. Grant decisions are generally communicated within 60 days of each deadline.
Periodic progress reports and final reports may be required for funded projects.
About the Foundation
John G. Duncan was born in Sacramento, California in 1866. He lived a substantial portion of his life in Henderson, Kentucky, where he was actively involved in the philanthropic community. He later relocated to Denver, Colorado where he also supported a number of different non-profit organizations. Mr. Duncan died in 1955 at the age of 89.