To support a variety of charitable causes, primarily within north central, Texas.
Arts, culture, and humanities
There are no geographic limitations; however, the trust primarily supports organizations located within north central, Texas.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
The Gene Conley Foundation awards grants exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applications must be submitted through the online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
In accordance with the donor’s wishes, priority consideration will be given to requests from the following organizations:
- First Baptist Church, Quanah, Texas
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, Texas
- Northwest Texas Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America, Wichita Falls, Texas
Average grant size: $5,000 to $20,000
Average number of grants per year: 28
Average total giving per year: $340,000
Application period and deadlines
Applications are accepted year-round. Applications must be submitted by May 1 to be reviewed at the annual grant meeting that occurs in July.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission. Grant decisions are generally communicated by August for applications received by the deadline.
Required agreements and reports
A progress report must be submitted within 6 months after receiving funds.
About the Foundation
The Gene Conley Foundation was created under the Last Will and Testament of Lillian Conley Martin, formerly Lillian Cornelius Conley, of Quanah in Hardeman County, Texas. Ms. Martin died on March 16, 1987.