To support charitable organizations primarily in North Carolina that benefit indigent or sick persons.
The trust supports programs that benefit the poor and needy or the ill and infirm.
There are no geographic limitations; however, the trust has a practice of primarily supporting organizations located in the triangle region of North Carolina.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applications must be submitted through the online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
- Grants are made primarily, but not necessarily exclusively, to charities whose purpose is to benefit the poor and needy or the ill and infirm.
- Preference is given to charities with a record of using money wisely and efficiently, without excessive overhead.
- Situations in which a grant would make a real difference will be favored.
Average grant size: $5,000 to $17,000
Average number of grants per year: 6
Average total giving per year: $62,000
Application period and deadlines
Applications are accepted year-round and grants are made annually. Applications must be submitted by November 1 to be reviewed at the December grant meeting.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission. Grant decisions are generally communicated by December for applications received by the deadline.
Grant recipients are required to submit an annual progress report after receiving funds.
About the Foundation
The Cameron Charitable Trust was established by Edward Alexander Cameron under a trust agreement dated June 22, 1984. Mr. Cameron created the trust to benefit underprivileged persons and persons in poor health.