To support a broad range of activities especially assistance for the visually impaired, and hospital and medical care for those in financial need.
Arts, culture, and humanities
The trust has a practice of supporting organizations that assist the visually impaired, and underprivileged individuals in need of hospital and medical care.
Trust has a practice of primarily supporting organizations located in Charlottesville or Albemarle County, Virginia.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applications must be submitted through the online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
Preference may be given to requests for the following:
- Organizations located in Charlottesville or Albemarle County, Virginia.
- Organizations providing assistance to the visually impaired.
- Hospitals and health organizations providing medical care to those in financial need.
Average grant size: $1,000 to $3,000
Average number of grants per year: 28
Average total giving per year: $60,000
Application period and deadlines
Applications are accepted year-round. Applications must be submitted by August 1 to be reviewed at the annual grant meeting.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission. Grant decisions are generally communicated by November for applications received by the deadline.
Required agreements and reports
Periodic progress reports and final reports may be required for funded projects.
About the Foundation
The Inez Duff Bishop Charitable Trust was established in 1966 under the Last Will and Testament of Inez Duff Bishop. Inez Duff Bishop, a resident of Charlottesville, Virginia, created the trust to “bring humanitarian blessings” to people. The trust primarily supports a variety of charitable organizations located in Charlottesville or Albemarle County, Virginia.