If you suspect your company is the victim of fraud or attempted fraud, act fast:
- Immediately notify Wells Fargo.
We'll help you assess the situation and take appropriate action, which may include placing holds and flags on your accounts to help detect future fraud attempts.
- If calling from the U.S., Canada or Mexico, dial 800-AT-WELLS (800-289-3557), option 2.
- If calling from a country that supports UIFN (Universal International Freephone Number), dial the international dialing code and then UIFN phone number, which is 8000-AT-WELLS (8000-289-3557).
- Identify gaps in your internal controls, and address them immediately.
- Forward bogus emails or websites to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t open emails or click links that are unfamiliar.
For more information on fraud prevention or protection, contact your Wells Fargo representative.