Mortgage companies looking to obtain balance information to determine customer eligibility for a loan should use our Verfiication of Deposit (VOD) for mortgage companies service.
Mortgage companies or its assignees that need a re-verification should request our Quality Control / Re-verification service.
- Account Number
- Account Type — e.g. Checking, Savings, CD or IRA
- Open or Closed
- Account Holder(s) — the authorized signer(s) for this account
- Current Balance — please note, we are unable to provide balances for specific dates; we provide the balance as of the date the request is processed
- Open/Closed Date
- Current Interest Rate (if applicable)
- Previous Two Average Statement Balances – broken into the 2 most recent statement periods
- Previous 2 Months Interest Paid – broken into the 2 most recent statement periods
- Balance at Close (if applicable)
In addition, CD's and IRA CD's will include:
- Maturity Date
- Interest Payment
- Interest Method
- Early Withdrawal Penalty
$25 for each Verification of Deposit (VOD) we process.
Submitting a request
To avoid processing delays, read important guidelines for completing a VOD request.
Complete the Mortgage Request form (PDF*) including account numbers and customer authorization section signed and dated within 14 months. Include your return fax information on the form so we can return your response as quickly as possible. For faster processing, please complete the form on your computer before printing.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions.
About two business days. Turn-around time may vary due to changes in request volume.
Note: This is not a service that will provide you with a Verification of Mortgage (VOM). We can only process requests for Consumer Deposit accounts.
Any information that you are requesting that does not meet the above criteria will not be included in your request. Our process has been tailored to meet industry requirements for VODs.
If your company requires further information, please have the customer contact Wells Fargo Bank Customer Service at 1-800-869-3557 to explore other options