Despite frequent fraud attempts, many businesses do not suffer financial losses because they implement strong fraud protection strategies. Is your organization protected?
If your company writes checks, put the following services on all your checking accounts:
- Positive pay systematically compares checks presented for payment to your issued-check files to detect serial numbers and dollar amounts that don’t match.
- Payee validation and payee match identifies payee names that have been altered.
- Reverse positive pay is an alternative to positive pay services for companies unwilling or unable to transmit issued-check files to Wells Fargo. You get the opportunity to review checks presented for payment and determine if they should be paid or returned.
If you make ACH payments, these services can help protect you:
- Wells Fargo ACH Fraud Filter – The "Stop" service automatically stops all ACH debits – except those you specifically pre-authorize – from posting to your accounts. The "Review" service presents transactions to you for pay or return decisions.
- Perfect Receivables® service – If your company has a high volume of electronic receivables, reduce the risk that your account number will fall into the wrong hands. The Perfect Receivables service protects your account by providing "proxy" account numbers for your customers to use when remitting ACH and wire payments to you.
The best defense against commercial card fraud combines up-front controls, education and training, and regular compliance monitoring. Use these ten best practices (PDF) to help protect your company from commercial card fraud. Wells Fargo makes it safer to purchase online with MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa purchase protection.
Wells Fargo makes it safer to purchase online with MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa purchasing protection.
Once you enroll in MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by Visa, you'll have a single password to use when you make purchases at participating online stores with your commercial card.
Added safety when you shop online
With MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa:
- Only you can use your card. Because you are the only one who knows your password, you are the only one who can use your card.
- It's easy to use. When you shop at participating online merchants, simply enter your MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by Visa password when you are prompted. Then you can complete your transactions as you usually do.
There is no charge — MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa are free to cardholders and their companies.
It's easy to enroll
- Register your Wells Fargo commercial MasterCard.
- Register your Wells Fargo commercial Visa.
- When you make a purchase at participating online merchants, enter your password during check-out.
Please register your MasterCard, or register with one of the links below:
Need more information?
Read the answers to these frequently asked questions.