To benefit the citizens of Victoria, Texas through grants for religious purposes, higher education, fine arts, performing arts, assistance to the elderly, and assistance in the intellectual and physical development of young boys and girls.
Arts, culture, and humanities
In accordance with the donor’s expressed desire, the foundation has a practice of primarily supporting organizations located in the city and county of Victoria, Texas.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
The Albert E. and Myrtle Gunn York Trust has a practice of awarding grants to charitable organizations located in the City and County of Victoria, Texas primarily for the following purposes:
- To encourage Christian stewardship by contributions to worthy religious organizations;
- To promote higher education;
- To encourage the cultural aspects of the fine arts and performing arts;
- To provide assistance to elderly citizens; and
- To aid and assist in the intellectual and physical development of young boys and girls.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applications must be submitted through the online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
- Grants are not awarded to individuals.
Average grant size: $10,000 to $25,000
Average number of grants per year: 30
Average total giving per year: $400,000
Application period and deadlines
Applications are accepted year-round. Applications must be submitted by August 15 to be reviewed at the annual grant meeting that occurs each September.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission. Grant decisions are generally communicated by November for applications received by the deadline.
Required agreements and reports
A progress report must be submitted within 6 months after receiving funds.
About the Foundation
The Albert E. and Myrtle Gunn York Trust was established on August 28, 1992 by Myrtle Gunn York. It was Mrs. York’s desire to primarily support organizations that benefit the citizens of Victoria, Texas. Myrtle Gunn York was born July 8, 1910, and passed away August 27, 1995 in Victoria, Texas.