To support agencies, institutions, and services in the areas of health, human services, and education.
August 1 for a September meeting
The foundation primarily supports agencies, institutions, and services in New Jersey.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
The Edward W. and Stella C. Van Houten Memorial Fund awards grant to support agencies, institutions, and services in the areas of health, human services and education.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applications must be submitted through the online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
The foundation does not grant funds to individuals.
Preference may be given to requests for the following:
- Agencies, institutions and services in Passaic and Bergen Counties, New Jersey, having to do with the care or cure of sick or disabled human beings, or for the care of orphaned children, or aged persons
- To establish scholarships at accredited medical schools or for educating persons in the nursing profession
- Educational purposes
- For agencies and institutions for the education and care of children
Average grant size: $20,000
Average number of grants per year: 30
Application period and deadlines
Applications are accepted year-round. Applications must be submitted by August 1 to be reviewed at the annual grant meeting that occurs September.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission.
About the Foundation
Stella C. Van Houten resided in Bergen County, New Jersey. This foundation was established in 1978 and named in memory of her husband and herself.