To support charitable and educational activities in the Atlanta, Georgia area in perpetuity.
Arts, culture, and humanities
There are no program limitations; however, the foundation has a practice of awarding grants to charitable organizations with grant requests in the following program areas:
- Arts, culture, and humanities, health, and human services
Limited to charitable organizations and educational institutions in the Atlanta, Georgia area as defined by the Metro Atlanta 28-County Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA).
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Charitable and educational organizations must be in the Atlanta, Georgia area as defined by the Metro Atlanta 28-County Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA).
- Applications must be submitted through the online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
Grants are awarded to the following program areas:
- Arts, culture, and humanities, Health, and Human Services
Application period and deadlines
Applications are accepted year-round. Applications must be submitted by February 1 to be reviewed at the annual grant meeting.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission. Grant decisions will be communicated by May 31.
Periodic progress reports and final reports may be required for funded projects.
About the Foundation
The Price Gilbert, Jr. Charitable Fund was established under the will of Price Gilbert, Jr. During his lifetime, Mr. Gilbert was involved with numerous charitable organizations either as a founding member or a board director. Upon his death, he made testamentary bequests to several charitable and educational institutions. The purpose of the Price Gilbert, Jr. Charitable Fund is to “distribute to such charitable and/or educational institutions in the Atlanta area as selected by my said Trustee …” in perpetuity. Special consideration is given to the Georgia Tech Foundation and the Atlanta Speech School per the charitable intent of Mr. Gilbert.
A similarly named foundation titled the Price Gilbert, Jr., Foundation is administered by the Courts Foundation. This is a separate foundation, and inquiries may be made to it directly.