To inspire superior accomplishments in public service in Floyd County, Iowa through grants for capital needs of organizations specified by the grantor and to other charitable hospitals, organizations that provide medical treatment to the aged, medical research, and housing to the aged or indigent.
Grants are limited to capital needs of hospitals, facilities for medical research, facilities for the treatment of diseases or afflictions of aging persons, homes for the aged, homes for the indigent, and specific organizations named by the grantors.
Grants are limited to organizations located in Floyd County, Iowa.
Types of support
Grants are awarded to cover expenditures for major repairs and replacements of facilities, including buildings and equipment; expenditures for building sites, for capital improvements or additions to buildings, facilities and equipment; or expenditures for new locations, buildings, facilities and equipment.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
The Andres Memorial Trust is intended to augment the efforts and funds of its beneficiaries and to inspire and encourage the leaders of the organizations benefitted, and the residents of Floyd County, Iowa to achieve superior accomplishments in the areas of public service benefitted by this trust. The Andres Memorial Trust is comprised of two trusts, one established by Leonard L. Andres, better known as L. L. Andres, and the other established by his wife, Matilda Andres.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt governmental units or charitable organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applications must be submitted through the online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
- Grant applications should be submitted only for capital needs for buildings, facilities and equipment.
The foundation normally does not fund requests for:
- Educational institutions
- Operating expenses
Grants are made to the following organizations:
- Charles City Public Library
- City Improvement Association of Charles City, Iowa
- Floyd County Historical Society
- St. Charles Cemetery Association of Charles City, Iowa
- Facilities for medical research
- Facilities for the treatment of diseases or afflictions of aging persons
- Homes for the aged
- Homes for the indigent
NOTE: Grants to the Charles City Public Library and Floyd County Historical Society qualify only under the Matilda Andres Trust; the St. Charles Cemetery Association qualifies only under the Leonard L. Andres Trust; and the City Improvement Association qualifies under both trusts.
Average grant size: $20,000
Average number of grants per year: 6
Average total giving per year: $100,000
Application period and deadlines
Applications are accepted year-round. Applications must be submitted by June 30 to be reviewed at the annual grant meeting that occurs in July.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission. Grant decisions are generally communicated by August for applications received by the deadline.
Required agreements and reports
A progress report must be submitted within 6 months after receiving funds.
About the Foundation
The Andres Memorial Trust was established in both the Matilda Andres Trust Agreement and the Leonard Andres Trust Agreement on August 5, 1968.