No payments are required until six months after you leave law school.
There is no application or origination fee, and no penalty for paying off your loan early.
Competitive Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
All qualified applicants may choose between two competitive rates:
- Variable interest rates as low as 7.46% APR (with discount) to 7.69% APR (without discount).
- Fixed interest rates as low as 9.30% APR (with discount) to 9.53% APR (without discount).
See examples of today's rates
Two great ways to lower your interest rate
- Customer Discount. 0.25% interest rate reduction for a previous Wells Fargo student loan or other qualifying account.
- Automatic Payment Discount. 0.25% interest rate reduction for enrolling in automatic payments.
Discounts reduce the amount of interest you pay over the life of the loan. The automatic payment discount may not change your monthly payment amount depending on the type of loan you receive, but may reduce the number of payments or reduce the amount of your final payment.
Learn more about how to take advantage of these student loan discounts.
Borrow what you need
You can borrow up to $12,000 with this loan. The lifetime limit for this loan combined with all other education-related debt is $180,000.
Estimate how much you may need to borrow for college education costs:
Student Loan Calculator
Determine how much student loan debt you can manage based on your potential earning power:
Student Loan Debt Repayment Calculator
Should I choose a variable or fixed interest rate?
Variable interest rates are based on market conditions, so if market rates go up, so do your interest rate and monthly payments. Fixed interest rates stay the same over the life of the loan.
How do interest rates impact monthly payments?
In the examples below, you can see a $10,000 loan, assuming:
- You are in school for 24 months (two years).
- First required payment will be due six months after you leave law school.
- You pay back the interest and amount borrowed in 7 years.
Monthly payment could be:
- $112.35 if variable APR is 7.56%
- $134.21 if fixed APR is 9.68%
How do I know what my interest rate will be?
Your interest rate will be determined by several factors when you apply, most importantly your credit history.
Your interest rate options will be presented to you during the application process, at which point you can choose between a specific variable interest rate and specific fixed interest rate.
To be eligible:
- You must be enrolled in the final year of a law program at an eligible school or have graduated within 30 days from an eligible law school.
- You must have an established, positive credit history.
- You must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident alien without conditions and with proper evidence of eligibility.