Navegó a una página que no está disponible en español en este momento. Seleccione el enlace si desea ver otro contenido en español.

Página principal

What you'll need to open a Way2Save® Savings account

Must be 18 years or older to open this account online

Minors 17 and under must open at a branch

Account owner

  • No minimum age to open
  • Minors 12 and under can open but must have an adult co-owner

Two forms of identification (ID) are needed to open at a branch

Each primary account owner and co-owner needs two IDs:

One primary ID
Plus a secondary ID

Original versions of:

  • State-issued or U.S territory driver's license
  • State-issued or U.S territory ID card
  • Passport
  • U.S. Armed Forces ID
  • Permanent resident card
  • Employment authorization card
  • Tribal Identification issued by a federally recognized U.S. tribal government

Non-U.S. citizens without a U.S. issued taxpayer identification number must provide a government issued ID that provides evidence of nationality or residence.

Original versions of:

  • Employee ID
  • Student ID
  • Credit card
  • ID issued by a recognized business or government agency

Proof of address is required: If neither primary nor secondary ID contains your physical address, separate proof of address (for example a utility bill or school enrollment statement) will need to be provided.

Minors without a primary ID need to be accompanied by an adult co-owner who is a relative or guardian, and bring identification such as a Social Security card, birth certificate, or student ID. IDs for minors are not required on accounts set up as Minor By, UTMA or UGMA, etc.