To make a difference in this world by lending a helping hand to fellow human beings, primarily through grants that benefit the residents of Oregon and Washington.
By invitation only.
Arts, culture, and humanities
Oregon and Washington
The Foundation has a practice of primarily supporting organizations located in or providing services to the residents of Oregon and Washington.
Grants primarily support organizations located in or providing services to the residents of Oregon and Washington.
- Grants are only disbursed to organizations designated as tax-exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3).
- The programs and services of the applicant must be consistent with the Foundation’s mission and values.
- All applicants must have the financial ability to sustain the funded program or project on a continuing basis.
- Applications must be submitted through our online grant application form or alternative accessible application designed for assistive technology users.
- Only organizations that have been invited to apply will be considered.
The foundation typically does not fund requests for:
- Annual appeals or membership drives
- Unrestricted endowment funds
- Operating expenses of established organizations
- Debt retirement
- Grants to individuals
Average grant size: $1,000 to $10,000
Average total giving per year: $750,000 to $900,000
Application period and deadlines
Applications are accepted year-round, but must be submitted by September 1 to be reviewed at the fall grant meeting.
Applicants will receive an automated email confirming their submission. Grant decisions are generally communicated by November for applications received by the deadline.
Required agreements and reports
Periodic progress reports and final reports may be required for funded projects.
About the Foundation
“One hundred years from now, it won’t matter how much wealth we had, or how much fame or prestige. But if along our path of life we gave a helping hand to fellow human beings, it will make a difference.”---Mario Pastega
The Pastega Family Foundation was established by Mario and Alma Pastega in November of 1997.
Hard work and a good work ethic were always a major part of Mario’s and Alma’s characters. It was this strong work ethic that they always exhibited and also appreciated in others. Not only were Mario and Alma dedicated to the success of their business, they were also relentless when it came to helping improve their community. Whether an encouraging word, a pat on the back, a monetary or product donation or a personal appearance – whatever the need, their answer was always “Yes.”
Mario passed away in January 2012 and was preceded in death by his wife Alma in February of 2008.