En español. Ver esta información en español.
For more than 160 years, Wells Fargo has stood as a symbol of strength and security, serving our customers’ financial needs. Today, we remain as committed as ever and use proven technology to protect your personal information.
We guarantee that you will be covered for 100% of funds removed from your Wells Fargo accounts in the unlikely event that someone you haven’t authorized removes those funds through our Online Services. To qualify for this guarantee, you must follow Your Responsibilities below.
Online Services means any Wells Fargo Online® or Wells Fargo Business Online® services you use to initiate consumer, business, or brokerage monetary transactions (including trading losses incurred through unauthorized access and activity): (1) online at wellsfargo.com or wellsfargoadvisors.com, or (2) on your mobile device at wf.com, via text at our 93557 short code, or via one of our Wells Fargo Mobile® downloadable applications.
The Online Security Guarantee does not apply to the Business Online Payroll Service, business transactions made through the Commercial Electronic Office (CEO®) portal, transactions made through Wells Fargo Retail Services’ Merchant Online Resource Center or credit card accounts issued by Wells Fargo Financial National Bank. Wells Fargo Financial National Bank credit cards are typically merchant or industry branded credit cards that consumers apply for through a merchant or service provider. If you are unsure who your credit card issuer is, please consult your cardholder agreement or your billing statement.
You are responsible for protecting your password and account information by:
- Not disclosing your personal account information to others (including your ATM PIN, online username, and password), and
- Promptly reporting incidents of unauthorized account access or use by calling 1-800-956-4442 (individual or business customers) 1-866-817-7940 (brokerage customers) or 1-800-728-3123 (Employer Sponsored Accounts) within 60 calendar days after the date we send you the account statement showing that unauthorized activity. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to assist you.
You must also cooperate with our claims representatives, and comply with our requests and procedures, during the processing of your claim. It’s a good idea to start a written record on the date that you file a claim, and make notes regarding any subsequent phone calls or correspondence.
Your claim will typically be resolved within the following timelines:
- For consumer and covered small business checking and savings accounts — 10 business days from the date the claim was received.
- For ExpressSend® global remittances — 90 calendar days from the date the claim was received.
- For consumer and covered small business credit cards, personal and home equity lines of credit, and other covered business lines of credit — up to 90 calendar days from the date the claim was received.
- For brokerage cash transfers — 45 calendar days from the date the claim was received.
- For brokerage trading activity — 90 calendar days from the date the claim was received.
- For Employer Sponsored Accounts - 90 calendar days from the date the claim was received.
Helpful protection tips
To learn the steps you can take to help protect your account and personal information, review our Online and Computer Security Tips.
To understand the difference between fraud and identity theft and to recognize common fraudulent tactics used to obtain your information, visit Wells Fargo’s Fraud Information Center.
How our online security guarantee relates to federal law
Federal law provides certain protections to consumer customers when there is unauthorized account activity. Regulation E covers electronic fund transfer activity through a checking, savings, or other consumer asset account at a financial institution used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes. Regulation Z covers certain types of consumer credit accounts that are used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes. Employer Sponsored Accounts are not considered to be accounts that are used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes and are not covered by Regulations E and Z. All of the protections provided to consumer customers by Regulations E and Z are considered first to determine if they apply before we review your claim against the protections of the Online Security Guarantee. In addition, our Online Security Guarantee provides expanded protections beyond these Regulations to cover other types of unauthorized transactions, including certain business and brokerage monetary transactions as described above.