Puget Sound ‘Woman Business Owner of the Year’ to be named on Oct. 20
SEATTLE — October 21, 1999
Nellie Cashman Woman Business Owner of the Year will be announced Wednesday, Oct. 20, at an awards dinner at the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Seattle. Wells Fargo is the Platinum sponsor of the event.
The winner will be chosen from among five finalists:
- Dorene Centioli-McTigue, owner of Pagliacci Pizza, which has won numerous local and regional awards for best pizzeria.
- Chris Stephens, president and CEO of Crystal Point, Inc, one of Washington's leading software companies.
- Lorretta Elderkin, president of Pacific West Securities, a Renton-based securities brokerage firm serving clients in 25 states.
- Patricia Ann McPhee, president and founder of Western Ventures Construction, Inc., a general contractor specializing in commercial renovations and upgrades.
- Carol-Ann O'Mack, president of Carlyle, Inc., which manufactures of custom cable assemblies and harnesses, and a distributor of data and voice fiber optics products.
The Nellie Cashman Women Business Owner of the Year Award is Western Washington’s oldest and most prestigious award for women entrepreneurs. It recognizes and honors women business owners for their vision, perseverance and leadership in business and the community.
Past winners include Linda Brooks Rixs, Avue Technologies, JoAnn and Anna Williams, Ragazzi’s Flying Shuttle; Margaret Witte of Royal Oak Mines; and Judith Jacobsen, Madison Park Greeting Cards.
The awards ceremony will start at 6 p.m. Dr. Constance Rice, educator, community leader and former Nellie Cashman Award winner, will deliver the keynote address.
For more information, contact Cynthia Baker at (206) 217-9575.