Wells Fargo ATMs offer discount "Summer Fun" entertainment park vouchers in Northern California
SAN FRANCISCO — July 14, 1999
Wells Fargo announced that beginning today through October 22, it will offer discounted entertainment park and aquarium vouchers at more than 500 Northern California ATMs. Consumers can purchase discounted admission vouchers to Six Flags Marine World, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and Monterey Bay Aquarium at participating Wells Fargo ATMs through the Wells Fargo Ticket Express program.
"Wells Fargo continues to search for ways to add value and enhance the consumer ATM experience," said Barry McCarthy, vice president of ATM Banking at Wells Fargo. "The Wells Fargo Ticket Express program offers a unique and convenient service to consumers giving them the ability to purchase discounted 'summer fun' at a local ATM. This program is just another way Wells Fargo is leading the financial services industry in value-added ATM offerings."
Purchasers simply insert their ATM/Debit Card into the ATM, select "Buy Tickets" from the main menu and follow the screen prompts. Their account is automatically debited and the ticket vouchers are printed from the ATM. Wells Fargo does not charge a fee, regardless of where the consumer banks, for purchasing vouchers from a Wells Fargo Ticket Express ATM.
Consumers can select from the many vouchers each entertainment park has to offer, including:
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - All day admission to exhibits and galleries for adults (ages 18–64), children (ages 3–12), students (ages 13-17 or with ID) and seniors (ages 65+). As a benefit of buying a ticket at the ATM, purchasers will receive quick access to the aquarium with Express Entry, which allows entry without waiting in line. Adults will also receive a free audio tour. Vouchers expire on December 31, 1999.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk -- Discounted unlimited ride access for all ages. Vouchers expire on October 24, 1999.
- Six Flags Marine World -- Discounted all-day access for adults (ages 13–59), children (ages 4–12) and seniors (ages 60+). Vouchers expire on October 31, 1999.
Consumers redeem their Wells Fargo Ticket Express vouchers at the entertainment parks' admission windows. Available discounts could save a family of four up to $12 per visit.
Wells Fargo is the only financial services company to sell discounted tickets to entertainment parks at the ATM. Wells Fargo pioneered the concept of selling tickets at the ATM three years ago when it began offering discounted ski lift ticket and lesson package vouchers for Heavenly, Northstar, Sugar Bowl and Sierra ski resorts.
Additionally, Wells Fargo has introduced other innovative products and services at the ATM, including:
- In 1994, Wells Fargo was the first major bank to dispense U.S. postage stamps through its ATMs and is now the largest distributor of ATM postage stamps in the country.
- Earlier this year, Wells Fargo's Media Express program introduced ATM screen advertising as a new medium, and provided discounts from third party companies such as Amazon.com, AT&T and American Express.
Visit www.wellsfargo.com to obtain additional ATM ticketing program information or to enter an online sweepstakes to win a 1999 season pass or one of many one-day tickets for each participating entertainment park.