The First Major Financial Institution to Offer Online Storage Solution to Retail Banking Customers
“We’re satisfying a growing need among our customers because more and more electronic documents are becoming available and people need a secure place to organize and safeguard this information,” said Teddy De Rivera, executive vice president of the Internet Services Group for Wells Fargo. “Customers’ documents remain private and protected from loss, damage and theft. Wells Fargo vSafe is a core part of how customers can manage their financial relationships with Wells Fargo, as it’s integrated with other existing services, such as online statements."
It is always important to keep valuable original paper documents, such as wills, deeds, trusts and passports in a safe physical location. The Wells Fargo vSafe service, which is accessible from any Internet connection, allows customers to preserve and access copies of their most important documents and recover them if they are misplaced, stolen, lost by a hard drive crash, or destroyed by a fire, flood and natural disaster.
The Wells Fargo vSafe service features:
- Proven Online Security: The Wells Fargo vSafe service features the same layers of security as Wells Fargo Online® banking, including individualized passwords, timed log-offs, firewalls, and more. In addition, two-factor authentication protects Wells Fargo vSafe customers’ highly confidential and personal information. These multi-layer security safeguards are part of Wells Fargo’s commitment to being a leader in online security.
- Convenience. Customers can store electronic files (e.g., Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PDFs, photos, as well as audio and video files) and access them from any Internet accessible location, such as at home and while traveling. Uploading copies of key documents from a desktop, flash drive or other location is easy and very similar to adding an attachment in most email programs.
- Intuitive features. An easy-to-use interface and pre-named standard folders such as “Medical,” “Legal” and “Family” help customers organize documents; they can add, modify and delete folders at any time. A file search capability and option to add notes when uploading documents make it easy to find files. In addition, downloadable personal information forms help customers collect and consolidate critical information that is useful in a variety of situations – from a lost wallet to a family emergency.
- Dedicated Support. Customers are not alone in cyberspace. Wells Fargo vSafe customers are supported with a dedicated toll-free customer service number, if they prefer help from a customer service agent, and online information at https://www.wellsfargo.com/wfonline/wellsfargovsafe/.
- Seamless integration. Customers can readily access the Wells Fargo vSafe service through Wells Fargo Online banking. Customers also can specify that certain Wells Fargo account statements be automatically uploaded on a monthly basis.
The Wells Fargo vSafe service will be rolled out to all retail banking customers nationwide later this year.
About Wells Fargo & Company
Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company with $609 billion in assets, providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage and consumer finance through almost 6,000 stores and the internet (wellsfargo.com) across North America and elsewhere internationally. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. is the only bank in the U.S., and one of only two banks worldwide, to have the highest possible credit rating from both Moody’s Investors Service, “Aaa,” and Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, “AAA."