Wells Fargo Launches Mobile Banking - Newest Way for Customers to Bank Anytime, Anywhere
San Francisco — July 24, 2007
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) announced the launch today of Wells Fargo MobileSM , a browser-based mobile banking solution, available to all of its customers nationwide. With this new service, Wells Fargo allows its customers to access their Wells Fargo financial relationship through a web browser on their mobile device. "With Wells Fargo Mobile service, customers can act immediately no matter where they are, whether they want to make sure they have enough money in their account or make a transfer between accounts," said Jim Smith, executive vice president and managing head of Wells Fargo's Internet Services Group.
"Our mobile banking solution was inspired by our customers. They helped us design this experience by participating in our pilot programs and providing valuable feedback," Smith added. "Customers' financial needs are time-sensitive and complex, and we considered this when we built our solution for mobile devices." Once enrolled in Wells Fargo Mobile service, customers can do the following on any Web-enabled mobile device by accessing the mobile banking URL wf.com:
- check balances of their accounts including, checking and savings accounts, mortgage, home equity, brokerage, auto loan, student loan, and credit card accounts;
- view transaction history;
- transfer money between eligible Wells Fargo accounts
- Shoppers can check their account balance in the checkout aisle. Consumers can shop stress-free knowing they have enough in their accounts.
- Travelers can check their account balance on-the-spot, rather than waiting to log in to online banking from their hotel rooms. People can stay current on their account activity while on-the-go.
- College students, who have grown up relying on their mobile phones, can conveniently monitor how much money they have in their accounts. This option can ease some of the anxiety of being away from home while managing their money for the first time.