Also, Best-in-Class: Integrated Consumer Bank Site, Consumer Web Site Design
|Best Corporate/Institutional Internet Bank in the United States||Best Web Site Design|
|Best Web Site Design||Best Integrated Consumer Bank Site|
|Best Integrated Corporate/Institutional Bank Site|
|Best Information Security Initiatives|
Added Sona Chawla, executive vice president of Online Sales and Marketing, Internet Services Group (ISG): “In the early days, Internet banking was about simple transactions. More recently, WellsFargo.com has become a central tool for helping consumers manage and organize their money with leading-edge services such as My Spending Report. Throughout the past decade, we have always kept the customer focus at the forefront of our design process.”
Wells Fargo continues to be an Internet pioneer for corporate and consumer customers.
Almost three of every four of Wells Fargo’s commercial customers now use the first-to-market Commercial Electronic Office (CEO) portal, which provides a single point of entry for all commercial banking services. Recently, Wells Fargo introduced the Desktop Deposit service, which is available online through the CEO and is the only remote Internet-based deposit service on the market that does not require any software to be installed on the end user’s side. Wells Fargo centrally controls the service so that any upgrades are instantaneous and seamless across multiple business locations.
Wells Fargo is also leading the “Next Stage” of consumer Internet banking with My Spending Report, a first-to-market free online financial tool that automatically combines spending transactions from a customer’s check card, credit card, checking account and bill pay in one convenient place. The patent-pending My Spending Report can be accessed through a secured, online banking session and updated automatically each day. The report organizes electronic and bill payment transactions by familiar categories such as gas/automotive, groceries, ATM withdrawals, etc., and it provides the advantages of complex personal finance software without the expense and effort.
Wells Fargo’s results continue to reinforce its cutting-edge status in Internet banking.
- The Desktop DepositSM service is the first product in the industry to be available online through Wells Fargo’s Commercial Electronic Office® (CEO) portal.
- Wholesale revenue through the CEO channel increased 28% in 2004, year over year.
- In 2004, Wells Fargo's CEO processed $4.1 trillion in payments.
- The number of products per CEO customer has nearly doubled in four years – from two at the end of 2000 to nearly four at the end of 2004.
- Consumer Internet product sales were up 42% in 2004 at Wells Fargo, compared to 2003.
- Wells Fargo has 6.8 million active online consumer customers as of end of June 2005, up 21 percent from the prior year.
- Over half (54%) of Wells Fargo’s consumer checking accounts are accessed online.