En español. Ver esta información en español
Why are you getting this notice?
When you enrolled in Wells Fargo Online®, Wells Fargo Business Online®, or Wells Fargo Advisors online services, you reviewed and accepted our Online Access Agreement (OAA), which governs your use of our online and mobile products and services. We recently revised the OAA to reflect service changes and to remove outdated information.
Do you need to do anything?
No, you don’t need to take any action. This notice is simply to let you know that certain items in the OAA have been updated.
Which changes may impact or benefit you the most?
A summary of changes that may impact you the most is below. For more details, you can read the full Online Access Agreement.
- Bill Pay customers must now change or cancel a scheduled electronic bill payment within the secure online session by 7:00 pm Pacific Time. Stop payments may be placed for paper check payments, but are not guaranteed if the check is cashed before the stop payment is processed. For more information, see Section 6.D.
- If you receive online statements, information has been removed or revised about online statement eligibility, enrollment, accessibility, and method of delivery. For example, Wells Fargo may change your delivery preference to U.S. Mail if you fail to maintain a valid email for your Online Statement Service. For additional information, see Section 11.B, C, D, and E.
- The California resident Arbitration Provision has been replaced with the right to pursue a dispute in Small Claims Court. For more information, see Section 20.G.
- As of October 16, 2013, we will not use an automatic telephone dialing system to make telemarketing calls or send marketing text messages to your mobile or cellular telephone numbers, and will not use an artificial or prerecorded voice to deliver telemarketing messages to your mobile or cellular telephone or wired residential telephone based on the agreements you made in Section 21.B of the OAA. For more information, see Section 21.B.
- We may offer you additional, optional security procedures, such as personal reference questions and answers, random number generators, or one-time passwords, to enhance the security of your Eligible Accounts and Online Financial Services. For more information, see Section 16 and 16.A.
- We recommend that you only use the email forms accessible after sign on when sharing confidential information about your Wells Fargo Advisors accounts. For more information, see Section 14. We added a contact number for Wells Fargo Advisors accounts for Online Service termination customer service. For more information, see Section 23.B.
- In no event will Wells Fargo be liable for damages due to reasons including : (a) scheduled system maintenance; or (b) circumstances beyond our control, such as; 1) power outages, 2) system failures, 3) fire, 4) flood, 5) natural disasters, 6) extreme weather, 7) cyber attacks, including Denial of Service (DoS), etc., even if advised of the possibility of such damages. For more information, see Section 19.B.
- Turbo Tax® has been added to the Financial Management Software. For more information, see Section 12.A.
When do these changes go into effect?
For new online customers , these changes are effective as of September 17, 2013.
For existing online customers , these changes become effective after we notify you of these updates by email, U.S. Mail, or in your account statement. Your continued use of Wells Fargo Online , Wells Fargo Business Online , Wells Fargo Mobile Banking, or Wells Fargo Advisors online services, constitutes your agreement to these changes.