eBills are online versions of your paper bills that you receive, review, and pay through Bill Pay. You'll save paper and time! Best of all, eBills are free with your Bill Pay service.
When you get eBills through Bill Pay, you can:
- Receive and pay eBills from hundreds of local and national companies such as your phone company, cable TV, department stores, and more.
- Receive email alerts when eBills are received, before they're due, and when your payments are sent.
- Get convenient online access to your bills, so you don't have to keep track of paper bills.
- Set up automatic payments for eBills, even if the amount varies month to month.
How eBills work
While in Bill Pay, you can set up eBills for eligible companies you pay. Then we'll notify you by email when we have received your bill. You can view your eBills within your Bill Pay service or print them at your convenience.
Some payees will stop sending paper bills after you set up eBills, and some payees will continue to send paper bills — it depends on the payee.
How to get eBills
- First, sign up for Wells Fargo Online® and Bill Pay or, if you already have a password, sign on and click the Bill Pay tab to add Bill Pay.
- Then set up your payees. For payees who offer electronic billing, we'll ask you if you want to receive eBills. You can also add eBills later by clicking Activate eBills next to any eligible payee.
Need more information about eBills? Read our frequently asked questions.