We want to help. Call us at 1-800-678-7986 for a confidential review of your options. We'll talk with you about your situation, review your income, and discuss possible options so you can either stay in your home or leave your home and avoid foreclosure. In most cases, you'll be paired with a specialist who will work with you through the process.
Video — How the Loan Modification Process Works
Your home preservation specialist will guide you every step of the way.
Step 1: Get started with your specialist
Call 1-800-678-7986 to talk to us. We'll:
- Discuss in detail the reasons for your hardship or default
- Ask you the amount of your annual gross income
- Discuss your options
If you’ve already started the loan modification process, you may be able to submit materials online. Questions? Your Wells Fargo home preservation specialist can help.
Step 2: Gather and review your documents
You should get started right away, filling out the forms in the package your Wells Fargo home preservation specialist sends to you — we can’t begin processing your request until we have all the required documentation, signed by you and your co-signer. And, keep an eye on deadlines — missing them can result in delays, resubmitting documents, or even foreclosure. Learn more about the documents we need you to complete.
Step 3: Submit your information
Before sending in your documents, please remember to:
- Complete all spaces. Write “n/a” if something doesn’t apply to you.
- Write your loan number on every page. If pages separate, this helps organize them.
- Return every page we send to you. Don’t leave out anything, even blank forms.
- Check signatures. Make sure each borrower has signed and dated all forms where indicated.
- Keep your original documents. We only need copies.
- Submit everything at once. Sending documents individually can slow down the process.
Step 4: Discuss next steps with your Wells Fargo home preservation specialist
We’ll review your request as quickly as possible, but it may take up to 30 days to process your application. If you have questions or want updates during the review period, check your status online or call your Wells Fargo home preservation specialist.
As soon as the review is done, your Wells Fargo home preservation specialist will let you know your options.
There also may be other options available to you that are not listed here. Speak to your home preservation specialist for details.
Learn about your options if your loan modification isn’t approved.