Still house hunting? Now may be the perfect time to arrange your home financing. Understanding your mortgage options now can give you an advantage as you negotiate your home purchase. We can help you through either of these two convenient services:
- A mortgage preapproval letter from your Wells Fargo Home Mortgage consultant. This makes you a PriorityBuyer® which tells real estate agents and home sellers that you have been preapproved for a specified mortgage amount based on a preliminary review of your credit information.
- A free mortgage prequalification. This lets you know roughly how much you can borrow to buy your new home, based on basic financial data you provide.
Mortgage Preapproval vs. Prequalification
A mortgage preapproval indicates that a lender has taken a detailed look into your credit information and has issued a preliminary credit review, pending specific property and documentation. Because a preapproval requires a credit check and an actual mortgage application, it's more powerful than a prequalification letter, which generally only estimates what you may be able to borrow, based on information you've provided.
What are the advantages of a PriorityBuyer® preapproval?
- Meets the expectation of real estate agents and home sellers, who are increasingly relying on preapprovals to identify serious offers
- Helps you shop confidently because you know your buying range
- Can help give you an edge over other buyers who haven't been preapproved
- Lets you find out about and address possible qualification problems early in the homebuying process
- May allow for a faster closing, since some of the application process has already been completed
Enter the real estate market with confidence - get a PriorityBuyer preapproval today.