Many refinance programs require a significant amount of home equity. But with changes to the government’s Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP), you may be able to refinance with a HARP loan even if you owe more than your home is worth.
Don't wait to take advantage of this limited-time refinance opportunity — the Home Affordable Refinance Program is scheduled to expire on December 31, 2016.
You may be eligible for the program if:
- You are current on your mortgage payments.
- You haven’t already refinanced the same property under the Home Affordable Refinance Program.
- Your current mortgage is owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, and was originated before June 2009.
Is your current loan from Wells Fargo Home Mortgage?
As an existing customer, you may also be eligible for our streamlined refinance process.
- Close in less time than it takes for a traditional refinance.
- Enjoy reduced paperwork and documentation.
- Pay no application or appraisal fees.
To check your eligibility for conventional and government programs such as HARP, contact a home mortgage consultant.