When will changes occur
Refer to your Wells Fargo Home Mortgage welcome letter for the dates your account will be affected.
- While your account is moving, you will not have access to your account or be able to schedule a payment. Please refer to your welcome letter for the specific dates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
- Your account number will change. The updated number is on your Wells Fargo Home Mortgage welcome letter.
- If you use Wells Fargo Online® Bill Pay to make your payments, we'll update your information and redirect your payments for you. You may want to validate this information after your loan moves.
- If you use a bill payment service other than Wells Fargo Online® Bill Pay or an internet banking site, you'll need to contact the service to update the following information:
- Your updated account number
- New payment mailing address located on the front of the welcome letter
- The effective date that the new payment mailing address is to be used, as shown on your welcome letter
- If your payments are automatically deducted from a deposit account, they will continue to be deducted, as follows:
- Automatic payments scheduled during the move may experience up to a 7-day delay. You will not be charged any late fees associated with this delay.
- Your automatic payment will return to its normal schedule during the following month.
Online banking information
Please see the welcome letter you recently received about changes to the servicing of your mortgage account for information about online banking. If you've misplaced the letter, call 1-866-234-8271.
- If you're in a loan modification, we'll move your account information — there's nothing you need to do. During this transition period, you will not be able to access your online homeowner assistance account.
- You can find your updated account number in the letter that we sent you. You can sign on to track the status of your modification and upload any required documents once the account move is completed.
If you need help, continue to contact your home preservation specialist with any questions.
Managing your account after the move
How are billing and payments done?
You’ll continue to get a billing statement in the mail each month that shows the same due date that you currently have.
Accessing your account online
The welcome letter you recently received about changes to the servicing of your mortgage account has information about online banking. If you’ve misplaced the letter, call 1-866-234-8271.
Through a bill payment service
- If you are currently enrolled in Wells Fargo Online® Bill Pay, we will update your information to redirect the payments to your updated account number. We will redirect the payments scheduled for you.
- If you use a bill payment service other than Wells Fargo Online® Bill Pay, please contact them to update the following information after you get your updated account number:
- Your updated account number
- New payment mailing address located on your welcome letter
- The effective date that the new payment mailing address is to be used as shown on your welcome letter
You can easily make payments to your mortgage account by calling 1-866-234-8271. Simply use our automated phone system or speak with a mortgage specialist. A fee may apply.
Whether you use the automated phone system or speak with a mortgage account specialist, please be sure to have the following information available when you call:
- Your updated account number
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number
- The account number and routing number of your payment account
Payments can be made using the payment address found in the right-hand column of your welcome letter.
You can visit any Wells Fargo Bank location to make payments to your mortgage account. Some states may not have banking locations.
How do I manage my account online?
The welcome letter you recently received about changes to the servicing of your mortgage account has information about online banking. If you've misplaced the letter, call 1-866-234-8271.
What happens if payments are returned for non-sufficient funds?
Will my mortgage account number change?
Yes, your account number will change. Your updated account number can be found on the welcome letter we sent you. It will also be provided on your mortgage statement and other mailings after your account moves.
How can I obtain information about my mortgage account after the move?
You can obtain information about your account by:
- Following the instructions in the welcome letter you recently received about changes to the servicing of your account.
- Calling 1-866-234-8271
Does this move change any of the terms disclosed in my mortgage account documents?
No. The terms and conditions disclosed within your account documents will not change.
Will my current account modification, or the modification I’ve applied for, be impacted? Do I need to call you or resubmit information?
No. All assistance plans, including account modification, repayment, forbearance, and short sale will remain in effect. We will transfer the financial documentation you’ve provided in support of these efforts for all accounts currently on a modification plan, or those in a pending or trial status. The terms and payment amounts of these plans will not change, as long as the conditions of the agreement are being met. If you’re currently seeking payment assistance, please continue to work with your home preservation specialist.
How are automatic payments handled?
If your payments are automatically deducted by Wells Fargo from any deposit bank account, this service will continue. See the automatic payment information on the opening page of this site for details. All withdrawal dates will return to their normal schedule in the month after your account moves.
How are payments by check handled?
When you make your payment by check, Wells Fargo may clear the check electronically. When this occurs, your payment appears on your bank statement as an electronic withdrawal, showing the date of the withdrawal and check number. The check is destroyed and is not returned to your financial institution.
Can I send additional funds with my payment?
What are the benefits of accessing my mortgage account online?
- There are a number of benefits to managing your account online. You can sign up with your updated loan number after your account moves.
- Save time by managing your accounts securely, anytime on your computer
- Pay your account from any bank
- Conveniently view balances and payment history — in one place
What kind of information do I need to provide during the online sign-up process?
- Social Security number. We use your Social Security number as part of our identification process because it is unique to every person. We also use it to determine which accounts you are eligible to access.
- Your updated mortgage account number. During the account move, your account number will change. Your updated account number will be provided on the welcome letter and other mailings after your account moves.
Note: Your email address is required and must be valid to ensure you can receive important information about your accounts. In some cases, you may be referred to contact us by phone to complete the enrollment process.