If you’re shopping for a new home, a real estate owned (REO) or foreclosed property could provide opportunities for homeownership while helping to support communities impacted by recent foreclosures. As an approved lender for Fannie Mae’s HomePath® Mortgage, Wells Fargo has financing for REO properties available through the HomePath Mortgage program.
- No appraisal required.
- Up to 95% financing for eligible property types.
- No mortgage insurance required.
- Allowed for primary residence, second or vacation home, or investment property.
- Fixed- or adjustable rate mortgages available.
- Down payment options as low as 5% on primary residences and as low as 10% on investment properties.
- Down payment can come from your own savings, or can be a gift, grant or loan from various sources such as a nonprofit organization, state or local government, or employer.
- No mortgage insurance needed – less costly.
- Only properties listed on the HomePath.com website are eligible for a HomePath Mortgage.
- Even though an appraisal is not needed for the mortgage, consider obtaining an appraisal as well as a home inspection for your own protection.