Transcript: Filling out a Request for Mortgage Assistance form requires careful attention to detail and accuracy.
[ Theme Music ]
If you've decided to apply for a loan modification, you're probably wondering what's next. This video is designed to help you better understand the loan modification form.
You're taking an important step towards managing your mortgage debt and as you go through the process, you'll have our support every step of the way. The first thing to remember is that if you have questions, just call us at 1-800-678-7986 or visit wellsfargo.com/homeloanhelp.
As part of your application for mortgage help you'll need to submit documentation to your Wells Fargo home peservation specialist describing your financial hardship. The form will vary depending on your situation.
It's important that you fill it out completely and accurately so you don't have to do it again. In fact, it's so important that it's worth repeating. Be extra careful.
If there is missing information or mistakes, it will delay the application process and you may need to send your documents again to ensure we have the most current information. The faster you provide the requested documentation, the sooner a decision can be made.
Here are some important tips to help you:
- Be clear and concise.
- Make sure your submission is legible.
- If you need to make changes, consider starting with a fresh form printed off our website.
- Be thorough.
- Don't leave any blank spaces.
- If something doesn't apply to you write "N/A."
- Submit all the pages of the required documentation as soon as possible before the deadline.
- Be sure to send us all the financial and property information requested, like pay stubs, tax returns, and bank statements.
- Double-check that all of the figures on these documents match what you write on the application.
- Remember to include your Social Security number and, if there is one, your co-borrower's number.
- Be sure to ask if you don't understand what's needed.
To make sure things go smoothly ask yourself the following questions before sending each form:
- Did I include my Social Security number?
- Did I sign every page where required?
- Do the numbers on my form match the numbers on my official documents?
If there is a co-borrower on the loan, make sure they took care of those details as well.
Help us understand your situation. Explain your hardship in as much detail as possible. Give a full picture of why you fell behind on your mortgage payments and why it's likely you could handle a new payment amount. The more you tell us, the more efficient the process will be for a decision.
It's really important that you return your documentation within the timeline your home preservation specialist gives you. Act quickly and meet all your deadlines.
Applying for a loan modification can be a complicated process, but we're here to help.
Contact us at 1-800-678-7986 or visit wellsfargo.com/homeloanhelp if you have questions.