How much can you borrow? How much should you borrow? Get a clearer picture of your options from a home mortgage consultant.
Video - Determining your price range
What goes into the price range you may consider?
How much you can borrow
Calculate your home price range in one of three easy ways.
- Explore what you can afford based on your income, monthly debt, and property location.
- Start with home price and down payment to see what your monthly payment could be.
Learn more about down payments
- Start with monthly payment to get a home price estimate.
Learn more about your monthly payment
Closing costs and other factors to consider
- Closing costs. These are costs associated with closing on a home. Some examples: appraisal fees, government taxes, and property taxes.
Know up front what you could pay
- Insurance. Mortgage, homeowners, flood — see what you may need and how insurance helps homebuyers.
Types of insurance
- Annual percentage rate (APR). The cost to borrow money expressed as a yearly percentage, APR includes your interest rate plus other charges and fees.
APR and the lender you choose
- Credit score. Generally, a higher credit score may make it easier to qualify for home financing. But there are options for customers with lower scores.
Importance of your credit score
Did you know?
Wells Fargo is the nation's leading residential mortgage lender. Our home mortgage consultants have the experience to help you find the loan that's right for you. Learn more