System and application requirements
Wells Fargo Mobile® Deposit (“Mobile Deposit”) is supported on iPhone® and iPad®, Android mobile devices, and Windows Phones. Please refer to Supported Browser for mobile OS details.
To download our app, visit the app store for your mobile device and search for Wells Fargo Mobile: iTunes® for iPhone, iTunes® for iPad, Google Play store for Android, or Windows Store for Windows Phone. If you already have our app, update it with the most recent version.
Safeguarding your personal information
We urge you to be cautious when using Mobile Deposit to make your deposits. Following these guidelines is important to ensure the safety and integrity of your deposited items and to protect your bank account.
- Always remember to treat your mobile device with the same care as you do your personal computer.
- Avoid storing sensitive information like passwords and Social Security numbers on your mobile device.
- Password protect your mobile device and lock it when you’re not using it.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Don’t type any sensitive information if others around you can see.
- Protect your phone from viruses and malware just like you do for your computer by installing mobile security software.
- Download the updates for your phone and mobile apps.
- Use discretion when downloading apps.
- If you change your phone number or lose your mobile device, let us know right away by contacting Wells Fargo customer service.
- Monitor your accounts regularly and report suspicious activity to your financial institution immediately.
- Always sign off completely when you finish using wellsfargo.com or a Wells Fargo app rather than just closing your browser.
To use Mobile Deposit, you’ll be required to enter your Wells Fargo Online® or Wells Fargo Business Online® username and password. Requiring this information helps safeguard your account. To update your username and password, sign on to your account and access Profile and Settings through the More menu.
Subject to availability
Enrollment in Mobile Deposit is subject to availability. Once enrolled, you can deposit checks using our Mobile Deposit service securely and conveniently.
Mobile Deposit Controls
Users of Mobile Deposit are responsible for maintaining control over the proper use of the service, as well as the original paper items used to make deposits through the Mobile Deposit service.
Check Safekeeping, Retention and Destruction
How you securely maintain the original paper items, how long you keep them, and how you destroy them are critical to the Mobile Deposit service.
Check Safekeeping Guidelines
Mobile Deposit users are required to retain the original paper items in a secure place. We also recommend you write on the front of the check: "Mobile deposit on DATE” (where DATE is the full date you deposited the check by Mobile Deposit).
Check Retention Guidelines
Mobile Deposit users are required to retain the original paper items, for a minimum of five (5) calendar days, but no longer than fourteen (14) calendar days, after they have been transmitted to the Bank (“Retention Period”). This provides sufficient time if there is an issue with the image quality or if the original item is required for any other reason. After the retention period, the original paper items should be destroyed to ensure they are not accidentally deposited again.
Check Destruction Guidelines
Mobile Deposit users are required to securely and irretrievably destroy the original paper items, after the retention period. Do not leave deposited items lying around, and do not put them in trash or recycle containers unless they have been shredded first.
Wells Fargo Mobile Deposit Terms & Conditions
You can print and review the Wells Fargo Mobile Deposit Terms & Conditions.