With Wells Fargo, you may be able to borrow up to the cost of your education (minus other financial aid), and you don't have to worry about making payments while you're in school.,,
Take advantage of this financing option that provides:
- Financing for eligible education-related expenses, including tuition, housing, books, a laptop, lab fees, and more
- No payments for students until 6 months after leaving school
- Competitive fixed or variable interest rate option
- Interest rate discounts to help reduce your loan costs
Applying with a cosigner may help you improve your chance of getting approved and help you qualify for a lower interest rate.
As one of the leading private student loan lenders in the U.S., we're dedicated to helping you secure education financing that meets your needs.
Or call 1-888-511-8086
Our Student Loan Consultants are here to help you through the process — from helping answer your questions so you can make an informed choice on the loan that meets your needs, to helping you estimate how much you may need to borrow.
Students are not required to make payments while in school; repayment begins 6 months after you graduate or leave school. For the Wells Fargo Student Loan for Parents and the Wells Fargo Private ConsolidationSM loan, repayment begins after funds are disbursed. Maximum in–school periods apply and vary based on loan product. Interest continues to accrue during any deferment period and will be capitalized to the account upon entering repayment.
Loan amount is dependent on the loan product, other financial aid, creditworthiness, and other factors. Aggregate loan limits apply. Annual loan limits for temporary resident aliens apply and are based on product. The cost of attendance is determined and certified by the educational institution.
Wells Fargo private student loans are subject to credit qualification, completion of a loan application/consumer credit agreement, verification of application information, and, if applicable, self–certification form, school certification of loan amount, and student's enrollment at a Wells Fargo–participating school.
Discount eligible at time of application: You may qualify for an interest rate discount if you or your cosigner has any of the following Wells Fargo products prior to your Final Loan Disclosure being issued:
- A Wells Fargo PMA® Package — 0.50% discount
- A qualifying Wells Fargo consumer checking account — 0.25% discount
- A prior federal or private student loan made by Wells Fargo — 0.25% discount (prior Wachovia federal student loans are not eligible)
Only one qualifying relationship discount will apply. You will receive the applicable discount for the life of the loan.
Discount eligible during repayment:
- Automatically withdrawn payment discount ("ACH") — 0.25% interest rate reduction to borrowers who have their payments automatically withdrawn from a personal deposit account. This discount does not apply to automatic bill payments set up solely by you. If the automatic payment is canceled at any time after repayment begins, the discount will be lost until automatic payment is reinstated. The 0.25% interest rate reduction is effective the day after the first payment is made using automatic withdrawal during the repayment period. Discount reduces the amount of interest your pay over the life of the loan. The automatic payment may not change your monthly payment amount, depending on the type of loan you receive, but may reduce the number of payments or reduce the amount of your final payment. Discount does not apply during any deferment or forbearance period.
Wells Fargo reserves the right to modify or discontinue interest rate discount program(s) for future loans or to discontinue loan programs at any time without notice. For details, including eligibility requirements, visit us at wellsfargo.com/student/ or call 1-888-511-8086.
Deposit products offered by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.