On the phone, online, or on the go, Wells Fargo checking makes it easy to get your banking done.
- Check account activity, deposit checks, pay bills, transfer funds — even send money — with your smartphone or tablet.
- Enjoy peace of mind with Zero Liability protection, knowing you won’t be held responsible for promptly reported unauthorized card transactions.
- Access cash at 13,000 ATMs.
An Everyday Checking account comes with:
Minimum opening deposit
This checking account requires a minimum opening deposit of $25.
If you would like to view our most popular checking account options or learn more about a specific account, please visit the checking comparison page.
Mobile Deposit is not available for Opportunity Checking® and Opportunity SavingsSM accounts.
Your mobile carrier's message and data rates may apply.
Please see your applicable Wells Fargo account agreement and card terms and conditions for information on liability for unauthorized transactions.
10 or more posted Wells Fargo Debit Card purchases/payments each fee period required to avoid the $10 Everyday Checking account monthly service fee.
- Included: Debit card purchases include PIN, Signature, Online, and Phone purchases that post during the fee period. Debit card payments include one-time and recurring payments of bills made with your debit card that post during the fee period.
- Not Included: Any transaction at an ATM (Wells Fargo or non-Wells Fargo) and ACH (Automated Clearing House) transactions.
Debit card purchases and debit card payments must post during the fee period to be counted toward the total of 10 or more. The dates of your fee period are located in the "Monthly service fee summary" section of your statement. Transactions received after the applicable cut-off time or on a non-business day (Saturday, Sunday, and federal holidays) are posted on the next business day. Please see the Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule for additional information on monthly fees.
A qualifying direct deposit is a direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income electronically deposited to your Everyday Checking account by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another, or deposits made at a banking location or ATM, do not qualify as a direct deposit.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.